or Connect

Posts by phatch

It is difficult to sharpen. Also has large carbides so expect to see some carbide "chips' and voids in the edge over time.   Also the initial sharpening is often problematic. The power tools used to put on the initial edge often overtemper the thin steel at the edge so you'll be doing some initial work to remove that if it happened in your sample blade.    It's quite tough, and holds an edge a long time. It's best to not let steels like this dull much before...
Plastic wrap is about plasticizers leaching. Plasticizers ares what makes plastic wrap stretchy, flexible and clingy. This leaching happens around 300 degrees, usually in the microwave in reaction to grease getting hot.. Refrigeration is fine. Low temp cooking is fine.
Be specific please. Your post is so vague that there's nothing to respond to. Looks doesn't make a pan bad. Leaching is at such a low rate it's considered negligble and safe unless you have a specific known metal sensitivity. Aluminum cookware isn't toxic or unsafe. 
Aluminum cookware and cans as contributory to Alzheimers is more scare-mongering. It's been thoroughly discussed here in the past. Here is one such topic. http://www.cheftalk.com/t/593/aluminum-cookware-causes-alzheimers   You can believe what you want to believe. The science doesn't support the fear of teflon, aluminum and such. The psuedo- and junk- science people are busy with the chicken little routines.   
Soylent is not a boiling water deal. It is literally just a nutrient shake. It's designed for efficiency, convenience and time. Not cuisine.  Said to taste like oatmeal water. 
Soylent is a food replacement. It might be that powder you tried. It's not alleged to be delicious but not terrible either.  www.soylent.com
Teflon coatings above about 700 degrees (from memory, could be wrong on temp) start to outgas somewhat dangerous chemicals. No regular metal pan should be heated that hot, you'll have problems with all of them at that temp from warping, delaminating and such.  This is really only a problem if you tend to forget about pans on high heat or let pans cook dry. With induction systems, they have temperature limits built into them, usually in the range of 450-550 degrees for...
Yeah, that one isn't behaving as the others. Looking at the carousel stuff, it's set up differently and looks like Nicko wanted it to go to an external site. I'll talk with Nicko about that. 
It's working for me. Tell me about your computer, which browser you're using, add ons, and such. 
I think a clad stainless saucepan is as good as it gets for this purpose.. With any sugar work, stainless lets you see and judge color accurately. A dark non-stick surface makes it more difficult to judge the color. Of course, a thermometer is better than color for the right sugar stage, but color is useful too. Probably 3 quarts/liters is easier to work in than anything smaller. Brand isn't particularly important as long as it's not an unknown. Costco in the US has a clad...