Posts by phatch

InaBox has been a member here for 11 years.    Cheftalk allows posting of videos. Cheftalk doesn't host videos. They are hosted on Vimeo or Youtube. So the cost was never on Cheftalk. Vimeo and Youtube allow this for their own benefit and broader exposure. Embedded videos (so far), don't run the ads in my experience so there's no profiteering on Cheftalk's back.    If you go to Youtube and look at Inabox's videos, he does have one that explains most of what he's...
I've thought about similar things and will likely do the same in my next kitchen remodel. My opinion:   get as much wattage as you can install it in place. A portable unit will have an odd cooking height on the counter ornecessitate an specialized dropped part of the counter--which is essentially installing in place.  ventilation--it needs a powerful hood to deal with the smoke and oil issues. Plus, this is part of installing it in place. Any portable unit will be...
The salted stuff is what every one here in UT uses for cooking. And most cookbooks recommend those common brands.There,s a brand in a brown pottery jug with a red ribbon that is superior and I think unsalted. But the lack of labeling makes that unclear. The Asian store on 9000 south has it usually and I recently saw it at the South East Asian market on 900 S 400 E. It's quite a bit more expensive as well. As to drinking it straight, I don't drink so I don't know.
I had a Dexter Russell santoku. The thing I liked it best for was cheese. But it didn't merit a place in my kitchen in the long term. The petty was a better design for me over all.
Za'atar and Sumac Turkey   Sumac has a lovely lemon flavor and is the qualifying ingredient for the challenge. It also has a lot of readily soluble red color so it tends to make for well browned skin.   I've been cooking turkey in parts the last few years. I like the speed and control it offers for removing light or dark meat when done separately from the other. Easier to carve too.    Thighs finished about 30 minutes before the breast. So on to a plate and off to...
I think more as in scalloped potatoes than in sea scallops
I like it with cheese. It's not the tradition, but it works for me. Aged asiago would be my first choice. The Greek guy who catered my wedding had a dish he served in his restaurant he called pasta mykonos. Scallops, shrimp, pasta a buttery cream sauce, garlic and lemon. And asiago. Heavenly.
What method, what result? There's plenty of approaches. Tell us more about what you're trying to do. 
I've done the oil spread between two balls for rolling peking pancakes. I'll have to try it here and with hot instead of boiling. 
I used the boiling water method. Just watched a video where he only used warm water. His were thick too but seemed to have abetter texture.