or Connect

Posts by phatch

Trader Joes Frozen gnocchi get decent reviews as does Gia Russa for the shelf stable packs. I think the one I've been using lately is Vigo. I've used Gia Russa before and been happy. 
My favorite was Target's house brand, but that's been discontinued for a few years now. There's one that comes in a yellow box over the steri-pack but I can't think of the name. They are certainly denser, but that's part of what i like.
My opinion is that it's the nature of the beast. Gnocchi by hand are always too soft for my taste, even at good restaurants. I actually prefer the pre-made shelf-stable gnocchi you can buy in the pasta aisle. Something constructive now. Try baking the potato instead of boiling initially. In the US, we consume our potatoes faster and fresher than the Italians. Theirs get to dry out more before cooking.
The taste of fat, thought to be detectable to protect from eating rancid fats.    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26142421   http://www.bostonnewstime.com/regional/112385-scientists-discover-the-taste-of-fat-and-it-could-hold-key-to-tackling-obesity.html
The starch and gluten in the flour help stabilize the custard. It's a cheat really. To my understanding Almond flour will not have the same effect. Of course, I don't think flour is good in the custard of a cheese cake at all and don't use any.    When you say light, do you mean low carb? Or do you mean density. Being a custard, cheesecake should be dense. Density is one of the quality points of a good cheesecake. If you mean light as in airy and fluffy, air in the...
Humidity from one source or another. If you covered them early, they may have self steamed some. If you live in a humid environment, that can do it too. 
I've used a #10 can with both ends removed for similarly applying rubberized netting to deboned roasts and such. Slip the netting up the can. Tie the loose end if needed, but the rubberized netting has always had enough self-closure for my purposes. Feed the meat through the can into the netting letting gravity do most of the work. 
 Only if it was spelled out as such in your contract, at least that's the most likely interpretation of events it seems. 
Sarah, I'm sorry you feel attacked. While I do disagree with some of what you posted, I'd like to see some source materials for the things you've stated. That's how such a discussion works. 
It's called work for hire. They own the menu, not you.