or Connect

Posts by phatch

I kinda figured, but thought I'd err on the side of serious. 
I think deep fry connotes using a lot of oil compared to what you're frying in the oil. So if clarity is your goal, this is not your best possible description. 
The efficiency I'm talking about is how much heat from the heating unit goes into the pot, not energy production at the source.
He's probably used to "poultry seasoning" flavor in his pot pie. This is mostly a combination of sage and thyme and as I recall, you're not a fan of sage. You might look at a few poultry seasoning recipes and see if you want to tweak your seasoning of your pot pie a bit and see if you can make him happy.    A few I think are worth looking...
No, i thought i closed this. My mistake.
I don't usually make mine with bottom crusts, just a lip of crust at the upper edge for the top to bond to. I don't want that much pastry, it's just too much to my taste, besides being healthier to omit.    Make them in individual ramekins. You can make his with a full top and bottom crust and yours without. Blind bake his with an egg wash to help it resist the moist filling. 
For the tuscan steak, the lemon is added at the end as a finishing touch. For a marinade, I'd use mostly zest and not so much juice if any. If I had any, I'd use lemon olive oil too. And this is a time I'd consider lemon pepper as well. Different ways to provide the lemon flavor.  I've not made lemon olive oil in a while and I really should.    I do make a LGR salt too. That's quite good just used to season a whole chicken and roasting it. 
Max Burton has been good for me.
I avoid sugars (bbq sauce, honey mustard) for marination as they scorch too easily in cooking.  As another general rule, I wouldn't use the same marinade for both steak and chicken as I think they each are accented best by different flavors. Thirdly, steak is usually best unmarinaded, with just salt and pepper.    Having said that, the flavor profile I'd go with that works well  on both chicken and beef is Lemon, Garlic, and Rosemary.  While that may sound a little out...
It probably had whatever the kitchen needed to use up.  But it sounds oversauced which is another common failing of American-Chinese food.