or Connect

Posts by phatch

They have daily maintenance as I recall. Need special food grade lubricants. They have  special and high power needs (three phase) to operate the churn. I would expect that in a low volume home setting you'd be having problems with them freezing up in the service spouts.    I'm basing this off what I've learned in passing talking with my friend who is part of Tropical Sno/Soft Ice/Frazzle/Pioneer Family Brands which all markets these sort of products. Mostly in the mix...
From the middle of the blade back is where you should do most of your cutting. The front half of the blade is more of a mechanical aid to cutting motion. The front is useful for actual cutting too, just most of knife technique is focused on the back half of the blade in cutting. It's where you have the most power and control.
Soy sauce is not particularly expensive. You can set up a tasting yourself without much outlay and see what you like. Get together with some friends and share the bottle obligations around.       
I've seen methods for baking oil into wooden utensils for a bit. I've never done it personally but have read positive things about it.  
The reviews aren't very good, many naming your same issue and it has a very low download count which is usually a bad sign. Skip it, not worth the time it seems. 
That's pretty common. It's mostly about color. The same is true of dark soy, and many regular soy sauces too. Black Vinegar is often compared to Balsamic in flavor.  I think they're compatible more than alike. My favorite vinaigrette uses a combination of black and balsamic vinegar. 
Ginger, black vinegar, soy, sweet chili sauce. Brunoise of ginger in a small bowl. Barely cover with black vinegar. Add about 1/4 as much sweet chili sauce as vinegar and an equal amount of soy sauce as black vinegar. Dark soy, regular soy, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar. Ratio in the order listed 1:4:3:2:1.5 So by starting with dark soy, what ever amount I pour in my mixing bowl is 1 part. The rest just follows from there by eyeball.
Atomizing oil creates a lot of surface area. This is good for what you're spraying. Bad for your mister. The oil tends to plasticize at the spray point leading to clogs. Clogs very difficult to clear up. Also oil is more viscous than most trigger sprayers handle well. The pump pressurized kind just aggravate the plasticization issue with the higher oxygen concentration.  I've given up on them. I do use a puddle of oil and a silicone brush. Works well for a somewhat heavier...
 This is the established thought on design and was focused on a single person in the kitchen. Multiple people just got in each others way in that method of thinking.  Newer thoughts now rely on a workstation concept and multiple people working in a kitchen. Usually a  Cooking station (Stove), Wash (Sink) Prep (Counter, usually by a sink). The relationship between these areas is given less emphasis. I don't personally find the triangle the way I use my kitchen. Just my...
On the oven under stove topic. It's probably only 4 steps across the kitchen from the stove to the oven.  Don't want to have to dodge the island, true but it's not that far really. I have a wall oven and prefer it to bending down under the stove.  A range is usually cheaper, true.