Posts by phatch

My experience is at 5000 feet so my boil and simmer temps will be 10 F lower than most of the people on this board. Still,my experience may prove helpful.   My induction has a 180 degree setting.  When making stock, I'll bring to a boil, and drop to this setting. I can skim from the first boil. Let it go 2 hours, bring back to a boil. Drop back to 180 and skim. Let finish on 180. Works pretty well with poultry, haven't done it with beef.  This isn't bubbling appreciably...
Grind your peppers, set in a fine sieve, let drain. 
I've been looking into more Wurst ideas and came across a helpful page on making wurst yourself. In German of course. For currywurst, they use this recipe.    http://selber-wurst-machen.de/WP/berliner-currywurst-ohne-darm/   They make a de-skinned fine grained gray-white sausage seasoned with salt, white pepper, nutmeg, sugar, cumin, clove. The recipe there is in grams per kilogram of ground pork  (2/3 pork belly, 1/3 leaner pork)   And something akin to a curing...
You need to cook it this month and post a picture. That's the challenge. 
Dome gives you more enclosed volume. So for a braise it could hold a bigger hunk of meat. Done drain to the side in theory rather than dripping down on what you're cooking. In theory. Dome tend to warp less, but I find they ding on the edges more easily. Dome can be trickier to store.
Thanks for the input. 
I don't have that problem, but we might have different technique. I find that the mushrooms quickly soak up the fat and don't release it again until they're just about done. At that point, I've reduced the heat usually as well.  So there isn't really opportunity for the butter to burn. I was also only on medium heat for this because there wasn't that much mushroom in the pan.  I only had maybe a teaspoon of butter in this pan so it wasn't heavy with butter. Just enough for...
  That's a good dish. I usually have some dried wood ear on hand--most often use it in some form or Mu Shu.  There was a blog a few years back that was doing a charcuterie challenge. The author did a chicken ballotine with wood ear mushrooms in place of the traditional truffle. It looked quite good.  Now you have to tell me what to do with the snow fungus I bought on a whim. I've seen it done in soup, but am looking for something with more punch to it. But maybe snow...
A basic omelette. Button mushrooms, jarlsberg (very swisslike) and bacon.     Sauteing in butter with some salt, pepper and dried thyme. A little minced garlic will be added later.     Filling the omelette. I'm one of those heathens who doesn't like runny egg in my omelette.     Ready for Breakfast. Picture has some odd forced perspective as the plate is square...       Yum!  
The point is that the cake needs 1 1/3 cups of total liquid. You're already have 1 1/4 cup of milk in the container. The difference between those two measures is about 1 1/3 tablespoons. That amount will be oil. It's just simply a fast way to make the second measurement without dirtying extra measuring spoons over fussy small amounts.