or Connect

Posts by phatch

All clad is doing a 7 layer pan process for a number of years now. Haven't sold tri ply for a while now under the All Clad name.
I'm not trying to bias anyone by using ChefNick's picture for the Photo for the thread in the Featured section. I needed to pick one and that one looked good at the moment.    And it is a tempting salad too. 
I'm on a sodium restriction which basically means I try to consume the FDA suggested amount of sodium which at the time I started eating this way was 2000-2500 mg  That's a little over a teaspoon of salt for the whole day in everything you eat and drink.  Seems they're now recommending less than 2300-2400 mg/day. I'm usually under 2000. The average US sodium intake is in the range of 3500-4000 mg.    So yes, I season with salt as I cook. Salting just at the end doesn't...
If that was what i had to work with for a meal then i think there are a few ways you could marry them successfully. Those sorts of African and Indian curry flavors could pull off the marriage. Cumin, coriander, fenugreek, light on the cinnamon and clove. Maybe some coconut milk a little hot chile, lime and cilantro.
You're just 50 years too late. 
Back in the 60s, I got my first Lego pieces from a mail in deal on the box of Velveeta. Otherwise we didn't do much with Velveeta. 
I've done the microwave method. Very fast and easy. Lots of thermal stress in the pyrex with this method and you'll find plenty of stories of spectacular and dangerous explosions and shattering. I can't recommend it. I use my induction burner and can get dark roux pretty quickly with that.
My wife made ice cream sandwiches with sriracha ice cream and a form of peanut butter cookie.  It was popoular at her work. I found it interesting, but not something I'd want again. There's a whole sriracha cookbook out there as well.    http://www.amazon.com/Sriracha-Cookbook-Rooster-Sauce-Recipes/dp/1607740036/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435159434&sr=8-1&keywords=sriracha+cookbook
I'm not sure I'd buy spices to transport back. You'll want to know customs rules for the specific spice and source as there are sometimes plant diseases they're trying to quarantine.    My sister, well-meaning, has brought back spices for me from her travels. The ones she encounters at least are set up for the tourist to bring back, but are often inaccurately labeled, have fillers or other questionable quality. A good spice vendor in your home country will probably have...
Came across these two in the library last week.    Knife Skills by Marcus Waering and others (including Charlie Trotter) was pretty poor. And some incorrect knife manufacture information, but it was minor.  Why are knife skills books often so poor?    Knife Skills Illustrated  by Peter Hertzmann was much better. I'd have preferred photographs over drawings but the drawings are done well. And it's easier to indicate the cut lines in a drawing when they're not always so...