or Connect

Posts by phatch

While not a cookbook per se, any time you get 150 curated recipes, it's just as good as a cookbook. And it's free.   There are two primary avenues into this collection, an Index and a gallery.   I enjoyed going through the gallery and then jumping to recipes from there. Additionally, many recipes include a video or extra explanatory step links.  I particularly enjoyed Martin Yan's video for the Green Onion Pancakes and the step by step photos for assembling the soup...
Oh, consider those Magic Bullet informercials. The host is tossing ingredients into his mini blender left and right and presto, he's got a dish.    But look at those ingredients. Peeled mini onions, peeled garlic, pre-cut cheese, vegetables reduced to 1 inch cubes. There's a lot of pre-prep that went into that dish that isn't shown. And is the down fall of people using and benefitting from these devices.  If you have to do that much prep, there's not much point of the...
There is cooking and there is cooking well.    The internet is full of generic cooking and recipes. And lots of it works ok.    But to cook well takes more attention to details that are harder to explain, but clear to experienced cooks. This includes prep and dealing with "mess" which many people don't want to do. Nor the time as mentioned above.  Thus the rise of ready meals, and simple reheat options.    But really, we're not the ones you should ask. The people you...
Moving the knife is safer as you can keep the knuckle contact on the claw hand.
Acidifying the garlic is part of how they make it safe from clostridium growth.
Also whole grain vs refined flour.
The host's interpretation of stew.
Deglaze between batches as necessary. It's really that simple.
I generally use corn tortilla for everything except for burritos. Corn does taste better.
Green Chile Stew that rebelled and went Colorado on me.     It was still good. Served it as a smothered bean burrito with Spanish rice. Of course, the sour cream melted and ran off the burrito too.