or Connect

Posts by phatch

Chicken gizzards, fried green tomatoes and eggplant ( wasn't a fan). Every now and the they'd do a depression era meal of bread and milk with green onions and radishes. Dip the veggie in salt and take a nibble. They didn't make us join them in that and we didn't.
I think I'd repair the current range. The 1 foot extra storage isn't really that big of a deal for the costs of replacing the range and putting in cabinetry. My kitchen is small 9X 12 to the bare walls, so smaller after cabinetry and limited in storage. Plus it's the pass through access to the garage and the basement as well as the side door.  I keep a number of my tools downstairs like the stand mixer, specialty cookware,  and so on.  And I'd stick with this over just an...
Others I've seen don't do the cheese on the bottom, but still look hard to clean up, or easy to break.    See this Herdez video, which I can't embed.   http://www.herdeztraditions.com/mexican-recipes/molcajete-mixto/
It will be cheaper to repair than replace it for comparable performance.  Where you say you don't need that much range, you still have the issue of the extra space a smaller range will create. You can't put much of anything there for fire safety, it will be unsightly and unfinished so you're faced with other expenses to fix. Also you might have some hood mismatch issues creating drafts and other problems for burners on a smaller improperly fitting range.    Some other...
How hard is it to clean a molcajete after treating it this way? Because I'm tempted. Just getting the cheese out of the nooks and crannies afteward, or cracking the molcajete when you add the salsa both sound a little daunting.    
If it makes the person happy, be happy for them. 
You do realize this thread is 6 years old? 
Lemon Eucalyptus Oil (usually the Repel brand, though Cutter is making it now too).   http://www.amazon.com/Repel-94109-Eucalyptus-Natural-Repellent/dp/B004N59OFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432925298&sr=8-1&keywords=repel+lemon+eucalyptus   CDC certifies it for repelling mosquitos. Scores well in testing, no DEET. Those I know with sensitive skin have had not difficulties with it. Smells good,  is a little oily residue on the skin. 
 The separation of drugs and food is a critical one. Giving people an experimental drug is mostly unethical. You get volunteers for testing because the drug testing to date indicates a worthwhile improvement even with side-effects considered for people who are ill. It's the opportunity for improvement that makes human testing ethical. You also know the desired outcomes and can measure for them. For food, you have no ethical basis for attracting volunteers. You have no...
That's a whole lot of maybe and future research call outs primarily for people with coeliac disease. I'm failing to see what it really has to say about this discussion. Wheat and it's products are GRAS, but already problematic for the population in discussion in the article.