or Connect

Posts by phatch

I don't drink, so this is just what I've seen recommended. Depends somewhat on the seasoning beyond the smoke,but usually the more the flavor deviates from it's baseline profile, the more often I see Gewurztraminer recommended. Sometimes an Italian Prosecco. Most often with barbecue, it is beer though.    I listened to an NPR piece on "flats", an aged non-carbonated beer that can be quite pricey, but might be something worth looking into further for that beerish aspect,...
discusscooking has plenty of talented people. Indeed, there are many crossover members between Cheftalk and DC. For my taste, DC has a very high chattiness. So a much lower signal to noise ratio. Cheftalk maintains a much higher level of topical discourse generally and still has a friendlier atmosphere than most.  
What about a cilantro lime mayo
It looks like fat marbled with meat rather than the other way around.
no, it's not. Contact your food department for more details. You'll need to acidify your garlic, onions and chilis for one thing. pH is critical to preventing botulism. There is also often a pressure temperature process.
smoke is often a strong flavor--generally.  Mozzarella and eggs are milder flavors. I think you need something to stand up to the smoke more. Maybe caramelized onions, maybe dill/chives. Capers could do it too with some sour/salt impact.  And for a stronger cheese, something is a swiss/emmentaler/goutaler family would be more to my taste in this application, used with a light hand. 
Yes, carbon steel is perhaps a more common name than blue steel. 
Salt is added to make it unpleasant to drink and so that it is not handled under the alcohol laws of the region selling it. It's low grade and not worth it.
What about some crumbled nori or some furikake?  Oops, I see Cheflayne already said this. 
The forces that would have played in the evolution of taste/cooking happened long after our divergence from the common ancestor. That's why it tastes good to us, but is curious in apes that didn't have that evolutionary path. That we like it, we know. But why would our tastes evolve to like it if the dangers are greater than the satisfaction. When a rat chooses electric pleasure simulation over food, that's a dead end path.