or Connect

Posts by phatch

Yes, it needs the fruit odor that cider vinegar still has.  White vinegar hasn't worked for me. Haven't tried wine vinegar. 
We happen to be in posting in a knife sub forum if you hadn't noticed.
 I guess I'm really silly, but I strongly disagree with your conclusion. Aus 8 has a fine grain structure and can take a pretty good refined edge. But it can't hold that edge very well. I consider edge holding ability a significant factor in the ascertaining the quality of the final product. 
Thanks for sharing what worked for you. 
They should be embarassed to call AUS8 pro.  I like VG10, but many don't. 
Probably the majority of dishes are descriptions, but not really recipes. 
Small dishes of cider vinegar with a drop of dish detergent liquid. They're attracted to the scent of the cider vinegar, the dish soap breaks up the surface tension of the liquid so the bug sinks instead of landing on the meniscus. 
 I don't know, pears in red wine might qualify for example. Have to run it past this month's host.
I like powdered smoke. Bit more versatile. It's still made from liquid smoke,   https://www.spicesetc.com/category/s?keyword=smoke+powder   clumps up pretty hard overtime, but can be broken up and use easily enough. 
 No reason you can't still make a post about it on the site somewhere. I'm sure it will spark discussion.