or Connect

Posts by phatch

For the tuscan steak, the lemon is added at the end as a finishing touch. For a marinade, I'd use mostly zest and not so much juice if any. If I had any, I'd use lemon olive oil too. And this is a time I'd consider lemon pepper as well. Different ways to provide the lemon flavor.  I've not made lemon olive oil in a while and I really should.    I do make a LGR salt too. That's quite good just used to season a whole chicken and roasting it. 
Max Burton has been good for me.
I avoid sugars (bbq sauce, honey mustard) for marination as they scorch too easily in cooking.  As another general rule, I wouldn't use the same marinade for both steak and chicken as I think they each are accented best by different flavors. Thirdly, steak is usually best unmarinaded, with just salt and pepper.    Having said that, the flavor profile I'd go with that works well  on both chicken and beef is Lemon, Garlic, and Rosemary.  While that may sound a little out...
It probably had whatever the kitchen needed to use up.  But it sounds oversauced which is another common failing of American-Chinese food. 
See, I bought this 16 pound packer brisket at Walmart for $3.68/lb. Even after trimming off about 30% fat and leaving no fat cap for my purposes with this brisket, it's still a bargain. I made the curry with about 3 lbs of it. Used another 2.5 lbs or so today to make individual beef pot pies.  They freeze well for grab and go lunches and that sort of thing.  And they're filled with stew.        More sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, carrots, celery, onion. Seasoned...
I like sweet potato done in a savory manner much better than I like it done sweet. It lends itself quite well to the seasoning of a curry to my taste anyway.    I also like it with lentils. 
A beef curry inspired by, but heavily departed from, aloo gosht. I went with sweet potatoes and cauliflower. There are tomatoes and onions dissolved in the sauce.  The naan was a sad commercial variety, but better than no naan. Lesson learned.  
The hollow grind is very thin behind the edge which is very good for shallow delicate cuts. But it gets thick very fast at the top of the hollow grind. This creates a lot of wedging in the cut compared to other grinds as a generalization.    A hollow grind is the cheapest way to grind a knife. Least work, least tooling. Now, there are shallow grind heights and high grind height that can affect how it cuts to some degree. And rarer still is a hollow grind on a large...
Too short, too curved, and a hollow grind is a poor choice for the kitchen imho.
 I read that differently than you did. To me it says that 1 minute at pressure gives you flavor EXTRACTION equal to the TIME in fermentation. But not necessarily the flavors that would build in fermentation itself. Just raw flavor extraction akin to--as they point out--juicing.