or Connect

Posts by phatch

Za'atar is an herb blend. Thyme, marjoram sesame, often some Sumac and other things. It varies some from region to region. i like mine with extra sumac. Tonight I grilled some Pita with olive oil and Za'atar. Ate it with some hummus. I like a little on my own serving of hummus sometimes. Not everyone likes that. Or sometimes I mix it with olive oil for dipping bread.    I've rubbed it on chickens and roasted them. Same for root vegetables. It's pretty versatile and good...
No, it makes it weigh less. When you smell things, you're binding with chemicals the product gave off. So stinky cheese weighs less as you smell it. 
Most comedians i find unfunny, yes.
I've seen pranks in many places I've worked. I chose not to stay at those places long. There is no way to justify your humor at someone else's expense. Think about it. You're inflicting harassment shame and embarassment for your entertainment. Just saying.
It's all about power. I can think of no context where it rises to professional behavior. If your culture uses it for acceptance, change your culture to a more mature one
A lot of the trends seem to be rediscovering the economies of past practices.    I suspect the local focus will die off again in favor of getting the best. The local focus is in direct competition with the protected origin laws of some foods. Buying real Parmigiano or Balsamic for example. Or the name restrictions of wine with Burgundy and Champagne as examples.    There are times local means you're getting something at it's peak. And there are times local means a sad...
The glass is more fragile. I suspect that some of the Gorilla Glass and related advances will come to these surfaces to improve their durability. 
That's going to be hard to figure out for sure. For induction compatibility, just see how well a magnet sticks to the base of the pan. The better the magnet sticks, the better the pan will be on induction.    I suspect those pans will be non-magnetic and the magnet won't stick at all.    The 18/10 stainless used in cookware is commonly not  magnetic.  Chrome content tends to increase magnetic response and Nickel decreases magnetic response. The 300 series stainless can...
I'm not well enough acquainted with the details to say for sure. What I have always seen recommended is to make small batches you'll use quickly, within two weeks and that it is stored under refrigeration.    Reading between those lines, it's probably not best practice to make it and freeze it longer than two weeks.
I consider pranking a form of bullying. It's a type of workplace hostility. I would not choose to work for nor patronize a business that tolerated such behavior.   And I'm embarrassed to be a moderator of a group of people that condones the behavior.