or Connect

Posts by phatch

Yeah, but what does this have to do with this thread? Wouldn't this be better in its own thread?
One more thing. You mention this as a slow cooker mac and cheese. Corn starch, flour, egg will all fail at some point in extended cooking. how long were you cooking this in your slow cooker?    Another twist is that slow cookers are hotter now than they used to be for food safety reasons. If she's using an old slow cooker, mine's over 20 years old, and you're using a new one, you could have problems with it getting hotter than the recipe was written for. 
Here's one of the egg based varieties. It's worth trying. You can add even more cheese than he does, I've seen recipes very much like this go up to 12 or more oz of cheese.   http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/stove-top-mac-n-cheese-recipe.html
That technique is more for fondue. For Mac and Cheese the flour in the roux should do the job. If you want to add a lot of cheese, you need a thicker roux. There are also egg liaison versions that can take a lot of cheese without breaking
You need to actually make one each of these salads, or close equivalent from ingredients you have on hand. You can then weigh in grams each of the ingredients and then scale it up. Calculate some % of waste in the salad greens and such.    Once you've done this a couple of times, you'll have learned the weight of your servings intuitively/memory  and can make such calculations without having to actually prepare the dish. Plus, in production, you have other ways of using...
Use it as a layer in a rolled roast stuffing. I could see coating a roast in it the manner of an olivata, but that would be pretty expensive.    It could be interesting substituted for mayo, not just on bread of course. part of the binder in a chicken salad, or even as part of the base of a salad dressing. 
not in any strength that is still called food.
In My Humble Opinion.
You can buy home pressure frying equipment, but it's not worth it imho. 
I allowed your link post.    I'm a little skeptical of that Challenger pan's thickness. Take a lookat Tramontina: http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Nonstick-Restaurant-Frying-Size/dp/B009HBKPD0/ref=pd_sim_k_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1550F17E8WAW25WQVYW1   This is more than it should be. If you have a Costco year you, they'll have these in a two pack for a reasonable deal.