or Connect

Posts by phatch

Take pictures as you build your new system for documentation and maybe talk to your insurer about a small rider for work tools. The pictures will help establish what they're covering and set values. 
While aluminum is technically faster, that's not why it's used in clad or disk bottomed pans. It's used to even out heat.    All-Clad was the first to clad stainless and aluminum together. It's technical details make this difficult, largely owing to the dissimilar rates of expansion and contraction. The market isn't clamoring for the minor benefit aluminum might provide. You're on your own to get it done. Start a kickstarter. 
The primary difference between stainless steel and carbon steel is chromium. Chromium tends to accentuate magnetism. Both stainless and carbon steels contain carbon, because that is what makes steel--iron and carbon. Carbon usually between .5 and 1.5%, most often around 1%. Oddly, cast iron is about 4% carbon which is why it takes and holds a patina so well.   For the kitchen, you can also add Nickel to the Chromium. and that's where you get the 18/10 stainless steels...
I'm sort of confused by some of your wording but I'll get to that.   Carbon steel is a good even conductor of heat. Stainless steel is not and does so unevenly. So disk bottom pans or clad stainless pans use aluminum to overcome the flaws of stainless for heating and get the benefit of a non-reactive surface that generates good fond and cleans reasonably. Carbon steel would not benefit from an aluminum core.   Carbon steel is reactive and will give off flavors and...
The delusion is strong with this one.
Most of the pizza I eat, I make. I've not sat to eat in a dedicated pizza joint in a long time. I'll do take and bake from Papa Murphy's every few years. I eat some Costco pizza at friends when they supply it. I've bought a few Costco pizzas when my evening collapsed unexpectedly.    Most of the this commercial stuff is just OK at best. It's worth making your own. 
No harm, no foul
I used sri racha to finish my cheddar soup. The garlic heat goes well with cheese.  And it has some good color punch too as this particular soup is a bit pale. 
I don't want my taco soup to be sweet. 
I use some in my potato salad and chicken salad. It's alleged to have drug test beating powers.