or Connect

Posts by phatch

Salmon to me gets quickly pasty and unpleasant when chewed.  My preferred salmon is cured and smoked. Curing helps solve most of salmon's textural challenges, and fixes the flavor too. Smoking fixes even more.    http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_details.asp?RecipeID=6&EpisodeID=1   I rather disagree with your other characterizations of qualities of fish as well. 
Smoked salt, smoked paprika, liquid smoke, smoke powder, (dehydrated liquid smoke essentially).    George Hirsch would routinely use pre-grilled vegetables in his cooking. For gumbo think onion, grilled (roasted) peppers, garlic (whole heads, as in roasted garlic technique, but picking up smoke flavors.  Celery doesn't take as well to this.  Basically cut your onion in thick ring sections. Skewer to hold together. Brush with oil. Grill.  Chill/freeze for later use. Chop...
As I recall, Yan only smashed slices of ginger, no thicker than a quarter. I would expect a blade to be able to make that sort of a smash, even just the hand against the flat sort of smash. 
I usually use the plain bean paste without the chile, then add chile separately to taste. I don't have the heat tolerance the Asians seem to.
Cnet posted another cool idea today. Use a curtain tension rod under the kitchen sink for some extra storage:     If you need more detials, cnet has them. 
You might use Calibre as an intermediary step to clean up your Word document, then load that resulting epub into Sigil for final manipulation.
 The Kitchenaid Food Processor seems underpowered and more work than it saves. Watching Youtube reviews, it seems jam prone, slow and just inadequate.  Note the slow food feed rate, the small size of the feed tube, the slow speed of the blade spin and so on. Seems really limited compared to the dedicated device.  I don't think it saves you much storage over the dedicated device either.  I have the grinder. It too is slow and best with 4 hands, particularly if you're trying...
Yes, very popular dish. Good to see it made with the toasted sesame paste instead of peanut butter.    Personally, I've not found the dish compelling, More heat that I enjoy in the ones I've tried and the other flavors seem kind of muddled.    But if you find a clearly superior version, i'll be glad to give it a go again. 
Wine in the stock works pretty well actually, as does using Shao Hsing for the wine. This particular combination of ingredients is tilted Asian but it's pretty workable.    Yes, you can taste the wine in the finished stock particularly if you know it's there, but it's surprisingly subtle. And there's not a lot of it in there to mess up the flavor balance really.  I actually started doing it some years ago on a recommendation from Cook's Illustrated for Turkey Stock from...
We too have a minimum post count policy before the trading forum is available.