or Connect

Posts by phatch

I like them roasted simply with olive oil, salt/pepper and a fresh herb, thyme or rosemary are my two favorites to choose from.   I also like them roll cut. Put in a  saute pan, add water to come up about 1/4 inch. Add butter and salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to a boil, simmer for five minutes. Uncover, and cook off the remaining liquid at the same simmer rate, stirring to prevent burning and to glaze in the butter and juices. 
Except it's complete and total nonsense. Get your money back from that class.
The turmeric is a cheat for achiote oil.
I rather disagree. If there's a secret it relies on the power of fermented flavorings. Most of the seasonings like rice wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, bean paste, leverage time and microbes for flavor. Rather than time in the pan, they build on time in fermenting.
Remember when the government started subsidizing corn for ethanol production to add to gasoline? That raised feed prices a lot because now there was another profitable avenue to sell corn. And then there was a corn crop struggle in 2012. Not quite a failure.  All meat prices climbed.  Beef has actually started to drift back down some. 
Most home stoves don't have the heat output needed so you have to cook in small batches. That's one of the most common problems.    The second problem is not doing the mise en place. Have everything cut, measured, marinated and ready to go.    You should add oyster sauce to your condiment list as well.    Most chinese restaurants in the US cook an Americanized style of cuisine that is much heavier on the sauces as well as sugar and salt compared to how the food is...
Chefbuba has the idea right. Post more content and answer some questions of other posters.
 Yes. It's simpler to auger a round shape and then have that rotary sliced into patties. You can do this in a continuous feed. You can make it square, but that requires a little more feed hassle and back pressure through a plate. And it tends to deform in the cut becoming a bit more romboid. It is also a little more hassle to bag. 
Artichokes are well known for not matching up with wine. I usually microwave them in a glass loaf pan. 1/2 an inch of chicken stock, cover with plastic wrap and nuke 10 minutes. It's from the Joy of Cooking as i recall. Browned butter with some garlic and lemon is my preferred dip.
The tomatoes are your source of acidity. This far out of season they'll have little other flavor.