Posts by phatch

Not saying there's only one solution
Keeps your fingers clear of the board same as the clearance on a chefs knife.
The regular chefs knife motion is kind of egg shaped. The downward combined with the forward push gives an efficient cut. The return motion completes the egg shape and prepares for the next cut. The regular cut motion tends to compress bread, where a sawing motion, particular with a serrated blade preserves the quality of the bread. Once you reach the filling, a regular cutting motion is more efficient. Sawing there tends to push the filling out of place. Cutting a...
This is a specific pizza recreation. And from the thread it should be clear that general pizza practice does not apply so much. So what is your point on the specific topic of this thread?
The crackled surface ones command a premium price, mostly on cultural values, not absolute taste. If looks and shape are paramount for your use, then they may be worthwhile. Otherwise it doesn't matter and the cheaper ones are equally as good.
The French name is fondue chinoise. Though a Chinese hotpot is usually boiling stock.
Sriracha mayo Salt sichuan pepper dip Gremolata, better as a sprinkle, but I'd enjoy it.
Welcome to chef talk
We've had abuses in the past. So the settings will remain as they are. Send me a PM if there's a specific need and reason.
Send me a PM with explanation for consideration