Posts by phatch

Wow!. High carcinogen factor I'm sure. But yum.
Now that I'm at my computer rather than my phone.....   See http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/the-food-lab-complete-guide-to-sous-vide-chicken-breast.html Note that pasteurization is about TIME at a PARTICULAR TEMPERATURE. With chicken breast, that's something like 30 minutes at 140. So the meat is 140 for that whole time, not just arriving at 140.  The first 30 minutes is the meat coming up to temp.   With an oven, you're going to have food in the danger zone too...
Sous vide dies chicken at 140 fur an hour. It's much better at heart transmission than oven.
Strikes me as pointless. You don't solve the problem when the need exists, only later. By which time they could already order and recieve it off the internet. At lower cost with fewer middle men.
I think the best bread for the least hassle is no-knead bread. It takes most of a day, but you're not involved with it very much.    http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread  There are variations of this all over now.     The biggest hassle of this technique is the flip into the hot dutch oven or similar vessel. 
I don't have anything specific to say about either book, just Madhur Jaffrey.    I've enjoyed her books and have had good results from them. I'd characterize her as more streamlined than granular in her approach to Indian cooking, but the results are good.    Curry powder is not really used in Indian Cooking, but is more an adaptation of the Brits and even the Vietnamese and Chinese where it shows up. So you'll still get spice instructions in most every book. But you...
Yes, within limits.   Pizza doesn't have a lot of opportunity for flavor. It cooks fast so it tends to rely on heavily seasoned toppings.    The less cooked the tomato is, the more flavor it has of itself. So Pizza Margherita is just dough, cheese,  fresh tomatoes, fresh basil. And it can be watery if you chose a beef steak style tomato compared to a meatier roma.    Coming to sauce then. You want to use a tomato product with good flavor and minimal by liquid. So not...
Cider vinegar will probably do the job.
Correcting seasoning is as much art as it is salt. Even though salt is usually what is reached for first.    Acid is one of my favorite choices. One because it doesn't add appreciable sodium; Two it tends to make things taste fresher and brighter. Fresh lemon juice is the most versatile here. Then Cider Vinegar and Rice vinegar. Cider vinegar, though fermented still packs fresh fruity tones. Rice vinegar can be vaguely citrusy but milder.  This makes them versativel...
Replace the normal volume of chile with paprika--you'll get some similar vegetal taste and sweetness which ground chile also adds. And the important color. Onions, saute at the beginning. It's a fine garnish as well, but I do better with chopped green onion. Bulb onion raw tends to give me heartburn anymore.   Shallot instead of onion and garlic could be a fun experiment, but could drive up the price beyond reason for the necessary volume.    Masa harina at the end for...