or Connect

Posts by phatch

Beeswax. The bag has indicated this for a long time as I recall.    http://www.ehow.com/list_5799635_gummy-candy-ingredients.html
Tofu IS boring. That's a good thing really. Is pasta or rice alone anything exciting?  They're all  a canvas for playing other flavors off against. Further, especially for the Chinese, it's great player in the game of textures. Beyond the commercially available silken, medium, firm, extra firm. you can press it, freeze it (much meatier texture then), fry it, stuff it, use the skin for wrappers or on their own for texture.  I probably like it best in Ma Po Tofu, soups of...
Tell me about file formats for import and export, especially plain text, rtf and mmf. A spreadsheet export, import would be handy as well. How about synchronization via cloud so my phone app is in sync with my pc and vice versa. Even through dropbox would be great.
Slice it super thin, grill Korean style. It's so thin it will be tender.
Are you going to grill it? Do it in the pan with a sauce?    In general, I think steak should be about the steak and most marinades interfere too much with what the steak features best. My favorite steak treatment is to rub it with some garlic paste, brush on a little soy. After about 30 minutes, wipe off the garlic. Salt and pepper the steak and grill. or pan cook. Save the wine for a pan sauce.    I'd consider a rub over most marinades. Something like, 1 part garlic...
And to return to the technique discussion from another of your posts, there's an chinese cooking phrase that translates along the lines of, "Hot pan, cold oil, food won't stick."   Heating the oil in a cold pan does not give nearly the performance of adding oil to a pan that is already hot. And again, on western stoves, let the meat cook without agitating it or moving it for a little bit first before stir frying.
It looks like you've burned through the oil layer. Keep reseasoning and let the patina build. It takes time and use and will get better over time. 
They recently revised recommended pork temperatures in the US.  http://www.pork.org/News/1208/NewUSDAGuidelinesLowerPorkCookingTemperature.aspx#.U5HXpfldUVA  145 for a cut like a loin. I think that's still 5 degrees too high but it's an improvement. 
Ve Wong Anka XO. Comes in a tan label and a red label. Both SURPRISINGLY low sodium and very good soy sauce. Red label is a little pricier for a fancier yeast and it's associated byproduct. They are not labeled as a low sodium, but blow anything else labeled low sodium out of the water. They compete with the full sodium strength soy out there.  You can see my testing results. 235 mg/tablespoon.   You will taste the difference in the salt, no denying it but the soy bean...
It is not a cut suited to the crock pot. It's good on the grill, makes a good bacon wrapped tornedo, stir fries. Rotisserie is good too if you have one. It can be seared off whole in pan in about 15 minutes if you start from room temperature meat. Let it rest, then carve slices. OOPS, that's the Tenderloin I was thinking of, not a loin.