or Connect

Posts by phatch

So many good things.  The color of the venison is very appealing. Congee is a favorite at my house too. I've seen horchata before, but have not yet ever tasted it. 
Yes. I like the clear English labeling. They have a pretty good meat and fresh produce section I think. But their pricing is high  and the dried/canned/bottled selection was a little weak I think.    Seems they're playing to a more upscale crowd overall. 
The red beans and rice soup with some kielbasa, finally. This is made with basmati. If something calls for generic medium or long grain rice, I use basmati. I use basmati in paella too. I like it better than with the starchy short grain rice. While I"m used to soup improving the next day, this one made a big improvement.      And some rolled Spam Musubi for breakfast. Rolling it is much more forgiving than the standard musubi construction. My teriyaki glaze was a...
Oregano and maybe some of the mint are the only two I think dry well at home.    Depending on the volume you're doing, the microwave works suprisingly well. http://www.organicgardening.com/learn-and-grow/dry-herbs-microwaves.   Depending on your humidity, you can air dry. Tie them in small bundles on the branch but not too tight so the air can flow and hang them up to dry.  Some other ideas for you to consider are http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/dry/herbs.html
I probably don't really help the matter with my dining choices.  I tend to prefer specialty and ethnic "dives" over high class fine dining. I enjoy the food more and I like the relative value. 
It shows up on cold plate appetizers in Chinese cuisine. I've bought it pre-cooked and seasoned at one local Asian grocer. Never cooked it myself. But I too love it in pho.
Bacon and curry, never seen that combination before. Great dishes, keep them coming.    I played with a Red Beans and Rice soup. The dish needs some more development still to be truly good, but it was progress. Seems my phone didn't take the pic I thought it did. I'll have to post a pic of some reheated leftovers later then. 
 It won't boil quicker. It raises the boiling point fractionally, but so little it doesn't matter. You have to add a large quantity of salt to appreciably raise the boiling point. Chefeds claim of 2 degrees is interesting, but I suspect an error of some sort to see that large of a jump in temp as that would take a fair amount of salt.  The reaction you see when you add salt  to nearly boiling water is about nucleation sites. You'll see the same thing happen along a scratch...
Depends how much I need.  For larger amounts, I put the tip of the plane against my board and rub the cheese on the plane. For smaller amounts I hold the plane against the cheese and move the plane.  Usually do this with my plane on top so the cheese buillds up in the plane between its support rails.  Less mess and waste this way. Also my preferred method for zest. 
Where did you get a wild turkey?  Whenever I see one, I'm on National Park Service land.