or Connect

Posts by phatch

Based on the handles and design, I'd think it was use on the stove.  The most similar thing I've seen is for popcorn, but that looks like it wouldn't work with a lid.
  This is a 14" freshly grated hashbrown potato crusted breakfast pizza I just made.  You can see the beaten egg I poured in about 2/3 of the way through cooking. In the last five minutes, I topped it with green onion, cheddar cheese and chopped bacon.  I used beaten egg because the kids will use this in the morning getting off to school. If I was making it to be eaten immediately, I'd have just cracked the eggs on top of the cheese.    I'm debating some brushed...
Welcome to Cheftalk. You'll find many helpful people here. 
how you feed your starter has a lot to do with how often you'll be using your starter. If you use it daily, you feed it daily and keep it at room temp. If you use it weekly, you'll need to keep it in the fridge and bring it out to feed 24-36 hours ahead of use. If you use it less often than that, you'll have to do refrigeration then bringing to room temp and feeding and discarding half daily for 2-3 days prior to use. This is about cleaning out the unpleasant aspects of...
Do you think we'll see water restrictions this summer? It's not looking good.   http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865621908/Wheres-winter-Utah-in-unprecedented-territory-that-is-killing-us-experts-say.html
A potato crust--hashbrowns or thinnish rounds work well and will stick together when cooked. ketchup for the sauce, sausage crumbles, mushrooms, peppers, onions, cheese of course, crack a whole egg to cook on top, or four  or whatever is right for the size.  Play with later timing for  a runny yolk.
Just to explain @cheflayne's post further.  The egg wash provides a barrier to the wetness of the filling making the crust soggy. It's not perfect of course, but it can help. 
Post in the Pastry and Baking forum. It will get plenty of attention including from the pros. 
For your home or your restaurant? If it's for your restaurant, you'll get more visibility in the pro forums and I'll happily move this there if that's what you want.    From looking briefly at  spec sheets, the G has the most heat output, followed closely by the U. The X series trails by about 10,000 BTU/per burner. To me, that's the big difference. 
Using raw tomatoes is a problem IMHO. They have too much weakly flavored juice. Best thing for using fresh tomatoes in pizza is a variant of PIzza  Margherita unsauced. wtih the tomatoes roasted on top of the cheese on the pizza, then topped with chiffonade of basil out of the oven.