or Connect

Posts by phatch

It's a classic ramen broth and a similar broth is used for some of the fancier soups and hot pot type dishes in China. 
The diamonds don't wear out, but they come unbonded from the substrate. A diamond free to move will not benefit you in sharpening. 
The Forschner Fibrox  line will dominate the least expensive knives. Their chef, bread and paring knives test well and are inexpensive.   A little up from there in the 8" chef's knife, the Ikea Slitbar vg10 blade is a surprising value at $49.99 US. Fit and Finish won't be as good as the Forschners, but it performs better. 
I've never been a fan of the packet stuff. But Lee Kum Kee makes a jarred marinade that is quite good.  
Check your PMs.   Phil
Diamond stones are very good for certain things. Thinning or reprofiling, they're the best tool for the job. I don't mind them as a step in my sharpening arsenal, but as noted, ,they tend to amplify poor sharpening technique and the widely available grits aren't well matched to lots of routine kitchen type sharpening.    It's much easier to keep a sharp knife sharp with touch up maintenance than it is to go through the whole gamut of grits every time further limiting...
Check with F Dick for specifics.  In many cases for modern production, wood is "stabilized" for use on knife handles. Essentially impregnated under pressure with a resin similar to superglue.  This hardens the wood, stops absorption of water, oils and so on and limits the movement of wood expanding and contracting.    A little research, not all woods are compatible with the process, African Blackwood among...
Sorry for the delay in response. The extra power would be nice. You have to weigh that against the hassle of cooking in the laundry room.    You couldn't  stir fry a pound of meat in one batch in the lower power unit, probably 3 batched would be best. Even with the higher power unit, I suspect 2 batches would work better. 
There are those who experience joy in fine craftsmanship above and beyond the utilitarian. The utilitarian (within a varying range) finds the bang for the buck piece that satisfies his desire for performance, maintenance and craftsmanship. The fan, hard-core hobbyist often enjoy small refinements in craftsmanship and materials the Utilitarian rejects as overpriced fluff. It's not right or wrong, but what satisfies you.    My friend bought a very nice utility hauling...
I think that's more Japanese which is not my Asian expertise.