Posts by phatch

A cold dish is often part of a traditional Chinese meal, but salad as we think of it in the West is not part of that cuisine historically. The sanitation level wasnt up to the task. In modern variations you will see it more.
 Are we also "to spare your life from this monstrosity"? Maybe if you were to buy fewer knives?
When I make it I will do the stove top just for speed and convenience. But I do prefer baked pasta in general.
I wouldn't cook it again whole. It will suffer for that treatment. 
Gutting a fish with chopsticks. This video may be considered graphic by some as it is gutting of a dead animal.  But the technique is interesting. It seems to rely on disposable chopsticks as they have enough surface roughness to help hold on to things.   
1 hour is certainly too long. More like 5 or so minutes at pressure. An inch of water should be plenty. Use a rack or basket so you can lift the fish out easily. I don't know about softening bones. I've never liked canned salmon because the bones are disturbing to eat to my taste.
It might not be a good fit for your equipment. 
The sous vide was very surprising to me. I've been disappointed in chicken breast for so long. It's so often dry, stringy, and bland. Even with inexpensive IQF breast it turns out great. I've mostly been buying and cooking dark chicken meat because it has more flavor, unless I was buying a whole intact chicken.   I too don't think I'd find the texture appealing of chicken that rare. It can be offputting even just rareish. But Sous Vide at least isn't like that. Perhaps...
Wow!. High carcinogen factor I'm sure. But yum.
Now that I'm at my computer rather than my phone.....   See http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/the-food-lab-complete-guide-to-sous-vide-chicken-breast.html Note that pasteurization is about TIME at a PARTICULAR TEMPERATURE. With chicken breast, that's something like 30 minutes at 140. So the meat is 140 for that whole time, not just arriving at 140.  The first 30 minutes is the meat coming up to temp.   With an oven, you're going to have food in the danger zone too...