or Connect

Posts by The Saucy Cajun

Oh Brother! You're right ShawtyCat! It's everywhere! And now, to top it off, McD.'s is going to have to pay Millions$$$$ to vegetarian & Hindu groups because it seems they have been blanching their potatoes in BEEF STOCK before they fry them!!!! I'm a definite carnivor myself, but as I've said before, believe it should be a personal choice what one puts in one's mouth. So I'm furious for the people who thought they were eating only potatoes! I feel that McD.'s has...
Marmalady, I read a story in a cookbook years ago about the first man to eat a oyster. Can't remember which book, but I've always remembered the story 'cause I thought it was great! So, to your Hubbie, with my compliments.... A caveman was walking along the beach and spied a strange looking shell. As he picked it up to get a better look, the shell opened and pinched his finger. He jerked away, put the hurt finger in his mouth, and tasted something wonderful! So he found...
Wow! I know just how you feel. But let me tell you what I've learned about the very rich! I was supposed to do a party for this "lady" - VERY wealth. Sister of a friend of mine who married someone famous. I had done an event for her before. She "loved" it, me, & the price. Even told me that the price made her feel like she ought to be my daughter! The event was to be here, but she lived in L.A. After 2 weeks of her changing her mind about the menu, the level of service &...
But Suzanne,NEW YORK CITY! To me, THAT'S where there's "everything to taste". I LOVE NYC, with all the ethnic neighborhoods! Oh well, I guess the grass is always greener. Tell you what, ya'll tell me about all your "finds", and I'll tell you mine! And taste a bunch for me! The Saucy Cajun
I'm jealous! I bet no one here but me is going to the LA. Foodservice Expo in New Orleans in August! The Saucy Cajun:(
Chiffonade, I basically agree with everything you've said except your diet "facts". "The whole diet thing speaks for itself. Anyone who does Atkins, then tries to eat like a normal person, blows up again. Fact." If this is a fact both my friend & I are the exceptions that prove the rule. (Unless you mean by "normal", back to the same old way of eating. I'm sure I'd blow up if I went back to my candy bars!) Neither of us has been trying to lose weight, only maintain,...
Well said Chiffonade! I've lived out of the country where it was illegal to wear a miniskirt! The Saucy Cajun
Save it all the time. Just bring it home for me & mine!:lips: But you say it was a benefit? Were perhaps the ingredients donated? Maybe he didn't want to be accused of personally benefitting. I've been in that situation too. The Saucy Cajun
Shawtycat, like you , I can't tell people what diet to go on. But I can tell them what worked for me & my friend. As to your husbands suggestion to lose the weight and then "eat healthy", well, I really don't think the diet, in moderate, is unhealthy. But your husbands suggestion is what the book (Protein Power) basically says to do. (Also, Protein Power is not a "diet". It's really more of an education as to how your body uses carbs. You choose what to eat. But you'll...
It seems that maybe there is somewhat of a solution for restaurants, but I'm a CATERER!. In LOUISIANA, "where creme & butter are still good for you"! My take on Peachtree's concept of "don't be a part of the problem" is somewhat different. My main clients are brides. They don't ask for junk food. But they are NOT worrying about fat. So if they order turkey, I buy minimum processed & cook it myself. But then again, they may order ham. Either way,I feel my responsiblity is...