or Connect

Posts by ordo

If its a thin carbon steel pan (or a traditional wok) it doesn't matter. If its some sort of thick bottom pan like cast iron, aluminium, ceramic, stainless steel, etc. it matters because it acts as a heat buffer.
That's a nasty metal wound, but you do not crash garlic or ginger with a smash of the blade. You place the blade gently over the product and with your left hand you smash the blade.
May be because your question deserves medical advice.
Correct OP. At this point you have a good industrial doubanjiang. The next problem is how you will use it.
Thats the stuff i use too. Check this pick:     The one to the righ is pretty good, but is hongyou. Let me show a close up:     That means it's been mellowed with red oil (literally: hong you) and may not be as pungent as the original. Anyway i prefer it. This is also available worlwide, but not as good as Pixian doubanjiang.     A short video:    And good info here (read also the...
Don't know. Give it a try and pray. Praying is the most important cooking technique here.
What about this: change from tortellini to lasagna. Boil the sheets with the paper and pray the paper and the dough will naturally split in the boiling water.
A classic paste made from beeswax and mineral oil makes a difference in my experience. Without the paste wooden boards get wet, the fibers open up and duration of the board is compromised. The paste is easy to make and can be used a lot whenever wood is implied, such, for instance, on knife handles.
My advice is to get two microplanes. One, very thin, to zest citric peels and grating nutmeg. The other not so thin, to grate garlic, ginger, parmigiano, etc.
Nice piece of meat MK. Here´s my brunch with home made very hot chimichurri.