or Connect

Posts by Hoser

Here's my favorite:   Guinness Stew Serves: 8 My version of a classic beef stew with a Guinness Draught base. I prefer to prepare it without potatoes and serve it over buttered noodles in a shallow bowl.    4 pounds stew beef cut into 1-½ inch pieces    2 tablespoons vegetable oil    2 onions, chopped    4 cups beef broth    1 bottle guinness draught NOT extra stout    1 tablespoon brown sugar    1 teaspoon dried thyme    1 ounces...
Here's my favorite:   Guinness Stew Serves: 8 My version of a classic beef stew with a Guinness Draught base. I prefer to prepare it without potatoes and serve it over buttered noodles in a shallow bowl.    4 pounds stew beef cut into 1-½ inch pieces    2 tablespoons vegetable oil    2 onions, chopped    4 cups beef broth    1 bottle guinness draught NOT extra stout    1 tablespoon brown sugar    1 teaspoon dried thyme    1 ounces...
I use the Lodge enameled D.O. myself, and love it. Cleanup is a breeze ...it is also recommended by Cooks Illustrated. $49 compared to $249 for the Le Cruset
How about manual sharpeners? Does anyone have experience with the Warthog manual sharpener? I was lucky enough to wine a beautiful set of F. Dick knives from this forum a few months ago, and I would like to keep them in good shape. If anyone has used this warthog...I'd sure appreciate hearing about it. Thanks
Keo Sananikone's book, from his Hawaiian restaurant Keo's is a very informative and nicely illustrated book. I've cooked many of his recipes, and loved them all.   http://www.amazon.com/Keos-Thai-Cuisine-Keo-Sananikone/dp/1580080812
I most certainly will enjoy the knives, thanks to you. Without your support of this site it never would have happened. Thank you very much!
Thanks Niko,   I'm amazed that I won....that hasn't happened very often in my particular life span. ;)     Thanks Again!