or Connect

Posts by redvan

Yeah, I learned a lot from this one, especially about beurre!
Sorrry, didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just a simple home cook.
I was told that ghee is put in the walk-in at night only to be reused the next day and when it starts getting low, more is added to what's left, this then leads to a bacteria stew.   Enlighten me to a good side of this behavior....!
I've heard that ghee is something to stay away from, far away?
Got curious about "beurre" and did a little research online.... WOW!   beurre blanc beurre monte beurre noisette beurre rouge beurre manie beurre noir to name a few....   I'm going to be experimenting this weekend, my doctor is going to hate me   Red.
Could I use this same method (beurre monte) to poach other fishy items like king krab, prawns and just plain fish?   I realize king krab is already cooked but the idea of it having this smooth buttery texture is making me drool. I always have several pounds of kk in my freezer, well, until recently.... have they gone extinct?   Red.
Nice method IceMan, what I did was very simple; 1 tbls of water with a couple sticks of butter whisked in, cube by cube.   What I'm curious about is, can I save what I created for another use, either lobster again or something else? (It didn't break while poaching, I kept it at exactly 160 +/- 1-2 degrees the entire time.)   Red.
WOW,  where has butter poached lobster been all my life...!   I was looking around for recipes for grilling tails on the grill and came across butter poached lobster - wow, that's all I can say. Also found butter poached lobster shooters with a drizzle of clarified butter and butter poached lobster with tomato and basil, wow, wow, wow....!   Are there other favorable varieties of poaching lobster, I don't mean dishes made with butter poached lobster, I mean...
Chfedb, Smelled a little 'off' when I opened the container but after following your advice they had no 'off' smell at all and were fantastic.   Thanks again. Red.
Thank you Chef, will do.