or Connect

Posts by redvan

Could I use this same method (beurre monte) to poach other fishy items like king krab, prawns and just plain fish?   I realize king krab is already cooked but the idea of it having this smooth buttery texture is making me drool. I always have several pounds of kk in my freezer, well, until recently.... have they gone extinct?   Red.
Nice method IceMan, what I did was very simple; 1 tbls of water with a couple sticks of butter whisked in, cube by cube.   What I'm curious about is, can I save what I created for another use, either lobster again or something else? (It didn't break while poaching, I kept it at exactly 160 +/- 1-2 degrees the entire time.)   Red.
WOW,  where has butter poached lobster been all my life...!   I was looking around for recipes for grilling tails on the grill and came across butter poached lobster - wow, that's all I can say. Also found butter poached lobster shooters with a drizzle of clarified butter and butter poached lobster with tomato and basil, wow, wow, wow....!   Are there other favorable varieties of poaching lobster, I don't mean dishes made with butter poached lobster, I mean...
Chfedb, Smelled a little 'off' when I opened the container but after following your advice they had no 'off' smell at all and were fantastic.   Thanks again. Red.
Thank you Chef, will do.
HI, I purchased some scallops on wednesday and unfortunately, I wasn't able to cook them that night as planned. The wife went shopping the next day and as usual, everything she bought just got pushed into the fridge moving my scallops to the back of the shelf. Today, I rediscovered them but I'm afarid to open the container (I have a sensitive nose).   What should I do, do you think they are still viable or should I just toss them?   Red.
Margaux, Wow, quite a few options   Thanks vey much. Red
Thanks berndy and bdl.   Happy Fathers day to all who it apply's...
Hi,   After extensive searching, I have come to the conclusion that Hake is primarily used for fish and chips.   My doctor wants me to stay away from fried foods so, at my new fishmonger, when I saw this magnificent hunk of fish, I asked what it was and was told it was Hake. I impulsively purchased an entire fillet.   Now what do I do with it?   Red.
You're welcome.