or Connect

Posts by vloglady

I made a BIG batch of cold pasta pesto with chicken for avery large crowd. It will be served tonight at an event. When I get to the location and get ready to serve it, it might be kind of dry. How can I moisten it? Chicken broth? water? Cook's illustrated had an article and it said to put some mayo in the pesto sauce. this is just Classico jarred sauce with penne. What should I moisten it with? thanksl please respond asap. Susan
How cold does cooked food need to be? Cooked rice and chicken, cooked pasta and chicken. no dressing.
HI, I've been asked to make the neeps and tatties for our Burns Night supper in January. They're buying the haggis from a place in New Jersey, and the rest of the evening is catered, so I don't have to worry about that. Now what would be a good recipe to use for the neeps and tatties? tatties, just mash and put in a LARGE roasting pan? And approximately how many pound should I make? Anything else good to put in them, sour cream, onions? I've had some conflicting...
How did the wasabi risotto turn out?
I have a recipe for poaching salmon in champagne on the stovetop, how can I adapt it for poaching in the oven? Basically, layer leeks and baby carrots in pan. Lay salmon fillets (I used steaks) on top of veggies. salt and pepper salmon. Pour a cup of champagne over all. cook 4 minutes, flip salmon, cook a bit more. remove from heat and cover with foil. Mix some sour cream with 2 tablspoons cream cheese, add 1 teaspoon of honey mustard. mix all. When fish is done,...
Thanks for the suggestions. This is the one I ended up using. I just used a potato masher instead of a "boat motor" or blender and it came out wonderful. Used the milk and flour at the end, it gave it a great consistency. WELSH LEEK OR POTATO SOUP 4 big leeks 1/4 c. butter 1 tsp. salt 1 tbsp. flour 4 med. potatoes 2 1/2 c. hot water 1 c. milk Wash white parts of leeks and cut crosswise into thin slices. Peel and dice potatoes. Heat butter in...
A friend is considering purchasing one of those manual pasta machine, the kind that cranks out the sheets of pasta. He already has a Simiac machine, but wants the manual machine. Any info on what brand or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Send it to me!!!!!
I received some organic leeks and want to make a leek and potato soup, but no cream. Milk is okay. I did a search and there's so many recipes. Found a couple that sound okay, but I like a creamier soup. CAn I add some milk to the soup mixture? What about some cream cheese or sour cream to the finished product? Thanks.
Hey, my friend I'm making it for is Scottish. Creme Brulee dishes are a set portion.