or Connect

Posts by left4bread

lol
If this were the route I was taking, then I would deal with the retaliation by reporting it to HR.And use phrases like "hostile work environment". Make sure that they document it.They'd either hear my pleas and move me back the other kitchen to avoid any litigation, or they'd find a way to terminate me (and have to pay unemployment).Because I WOULD get unemployment. Because I would have my complaints documented.It's all hypothetical, but...Corporate politics/corporate...
Yuck! Haven't done corporate in a long time. I don't think I could go back to it; just not my environment.   Can't you asked to be transferred back to the other place? If the chef doesn't like you, for whatever reason, you're pretty much up the creek w/out a paddle.   On the other hand, I was working on a cruise line that hadn't left dock yet, and there was a new chef in the galley. Awful person. Just ... I can't begin to explain this person. I was in tears almost...
Not to me. I was actually going to get one for my prep kitchen until I found out how illegal they were.
 I could point you to a cell phone blocker, "2013 new created modularized design. Total 8 signal bands. Covers most of the popular wireless signal channels, including all mobile phones (2G, 3G, 4G), UHF&VHF walkie-talkie and audio bug, LoJack tracker, GPS tracker, WiFi Bluetooth 2.4GHz, remote control and so on." but the FCC says, "The FCC Enforcement Bureau has a zero tolerance policy in this area and will take aggressive action against violators.” Thought about it a few...
Might be a little more than you need... :) Also, my anti-virus tried to block the site, so I turned it off for a few minutes. Got a notification from my email client that some site was trying to over-ride my security options. So, yeah... use someone else's computer if you're going to order. heh   But more realistically, find a restaurant nearby that makes their own burgers. We go through a couple thousand papers a week, and if someone asked me if they could buy a box...
 FSA stopped doing it because of that incident. At least in my region.It's a bit harder/takes longer to get samples now that the rep can't just pick them up and bring them to me. Never really dealt with USF.There was a rep who was sniffing around for a while, but he finally gave up.Kept bringing me samples of premade junk like desserts and BBQ ranch dressing. Not what my menu is about. At all. Ha! I did have a rep for a couple months who would call me at night, drunk, to...
I tried leaving the peels on my carrots for a carrot cake and was told by my chef to peel them. "But that's where all the nutrients are" "Then you can save the peels and eat them yourself"   And then at another place I tried (for the same reason) to make a carrot puree for a beurre blanc and it turned out greyish. I was admonished by my peers. Thankfully chef didn't see it.   Peeler for life now (except at home when the carrots are young).
 Interesting.I was wondering how that was going to turn out, specifically for the reps from both companies who are gunning for the same accounts right now.  I had good experiences with Sys co in the past. In the late 90's I worked at a small place (~80 covers on a Friday). I got shorted on halibut on a Friday and the rep went to the grocery store and bought me halibut (and ice cream bars) out of his own pocket. I was pretty new when it came to food costing, so the owner...
  The shorter, the better. Nobody wants to OR will read that wall of text.   Jim Berman said it best, but it sounds like the box has already bean opened.You need to slowly close it over time. Also, those subs can wreck havoc on your FC.Subbing avocado for 1000 island? Nope.