or Connect

Posts by left4bread

Dude,.. Ma'am, ... I LOVE your perspective!And it's a Brave New World more than a ... 1984 distopia.You're hitting the nail on the head AFAIK, or as far as I am concerned.Guy de Maupassant was a bit of a hero for me. He said something to the effect of the railroad being the height/end of civilization, but that it only carried letters that told of how boring one city was to another boring city. I really messed that quote up. Whatever.Trust me, there will always be an "out"....
That's crazy. I'm only having issues with liquid egg product right now, which is affecting whole eggs just a little. errr... chicken eggs, not turkey.
I get your point, but I did watch The Fight of the Century on a live stream. Just sayin'.   Preach it!Totally agree. I lived off the grid for about 5 years (cruise lines, remote areas of AK, remote areas of WA).No mail, no TV, no news, sparse internet.I think the most annoying part is the mail. Moving to a new place and having to unsubscribe to all the coupon booklets and crap I don't want. And I just bought a place, so now every body and their mother wants me to get their...
HBO doesn't have commercials or product placement in their original shows. That's why you have to pay for it. So it's kind of like PBS except instead of a donation, it's a flat fee. And it's unlike PBS because if you can't afford the flat fee... well, you find it online for free Myself? I have a tiny CRT TV in my bedroom that gets basic cable and HBO, but only because it came with my internet package that was cheaper than internet alone (some special deal). So I just use...
Net worth US$42.4 billion (June 2015)So I wouldn't say imbecile.But he certainly is over the top. I really hope that Windows 10 isn't the botnet people are making it out to be. 
Windows = yeah! Windows ME = boo! Windows XP = yeah! Windows Vista = boo! Windows 7 = yeah! Windows 8 = boo! Windows 10 = ???   I'm expecting it to follow the trend. I like to wait for a few patches before switching though. In fact I held on to XP until 2012 when some of my games/video card started acting wonky.   I tear the guts out of my old towers and give them to people who are worse off, save them for emergencies, and hard drives/optical drives go in my new...
lol
If this were the route I was taking, then I would deal with the retaliation by reporting it to HR.And use phrases like "hostile work environment". Make sure that they document it.They'd either hear my pleas and move me back the other kitchen to avoid any litigation, or they'd find a way to terminate me (and have to pay unemployment).Because I WOULD get unemployment. Because I would have my complaints documented.It's all hypothetical, but...Corporate politics/corporate...
Yuck! Haven't done corporate in a long time. I don't think I could go back to it; just not my environment.   Can't you asked to be transferred back to the other place? If the chef doesn't like you, for whatever reason, you're pretty much up the creek w/out a paddle.   On the other hand, I was working on a cruise line that hadn't left dock yet, and there was a new chef in the galley. Awful person. Just ... I can't begin to explain this person. I was in tears almost...