or Connect

Posts by Titomike

Kiwi ...a small, flightless bird about the size of a chicken which lays the largest egg of any bird in relation to its size. National symbol of NZ so not all kiwi(s) are fruits.   So..... "kiwi-shaped branding-iron"  yeah, I know...
K....   8 spcls changing weekly is a big ask on imagination, inexperienced staff, stock management & wastage...think that one through!   Imho, your better off with 4-6 stand-alone or with vege and chips & salads set options (easy, good GP) and 2-4 spcls you change up according to demand....flexibility is key to your prep and stock management.   Seafood is a good choice for fast and easy training, prep friendly and doesn't need a lot of help. Get a vac-packer...
My best burn story,while kitchen related, actually happened at home..... I was completely unaware what lay in store for me as I was watching the Simpsons... though I don't remember which episode...when I heard a POP! It seems my darling had put a good amount of oil in a wok pan cranked it and then got distracted....'multi-tasking' no doubt. Anyway it was raging away in the all wooden kitchen...house for that matter! So Igrabbed the battered alloy lid and tried to...
They're special 'cos they're so different. I learned to make them when I briefly worked for a french Pastry Chef...they were a specialty from where he was from and if I remember correctly the batter does/needs to hold/mature so six could work for you.   I was alone in the kitchen with his recipe folders from 4am but was shy to record anything w/o his permission & then got made redundant on the phone! Aaahh.... regrets!
'Sleepless in Seattle'   how 'bout...   Good dags. D'ya like dags? Dags? What? Yeah, dags. Oh, dogs. Sure, I like dags. I like caravans more.
Croutes for guacamole and salsa?   Caramelising brussel sprouts?
Same ....scored,  dried!  cut in strips lenghtways for the curl ...flour and deep fry briefly...  salt & NY cut pepper, sprinkle toss sprinkle......lemon thyme mayo & crispy-fried capers      And now for the bad news for calamari lovers.... http://www.3news.co.nz/Deep-Trouble-/tabid/371/articleID/169002/Default.aspx
I do know you can sear nerve endings so fast that you feel virtually nothing....     ...we used to prep the grilled lemoms with a 'kiwi' brand .     ...it was a slow winter....  we were bored    what can I say.....?          ......she dared me!   .......
Sweat a julienne of red & yellow capsicums and onion with garlic and ginger. Add coconut cream and dashi granuales (on a good day) or reduced fish stock or pwdrd. s/fd stk. (on a not so good day.) Poach an 8mm julienne of squid tubes in this...a Filipino dish. If prepping for service... prep vege & liquor separately to keep bright colour...cook to order careful not to overcook...
How would that failure manifest itself? Failure would be not to grasp or even be aware of the concepts you have demonstrated as being familiar to you. These are pretty much top end skills developed through experience.   Culinary school is most helpful as an entry level option to get your ducks in a row before entering a working kitchen where consistent production under stress is the driving force. You will have to at least learn about what it takes to get the food...