or Connect

Posts by ljokjel

Here is my experience from a two stars Michelin restaurant in Barcelona, Spain.   9 Paid staff From 4 - 20 Stages/estaggiers, call it whatever you like. If you want to do this, its a minimum of 4-6 months usually.   Paid staff: Chef Jefe de cocina (Head of kitchen)   Pastry: Pastrycook  2-3 estagers   Cold starters: CdP Cold starters 1-3 estagers   Fish: CdP Fish Demi CdP Fish 1-3 Estagers   CdP Meats  Demi CdP Meats 1-3 Estagers     Enter at...
Should consider a Thermomix. As well what is called a Superbag here in Spain. Maybe its got a different name in the U.S.
"Just add simple syrup, and Pacotize."
$5k How many containers does that include? Worked at a place where the chef bought 40. Where I'm now we just have seven. The chef ended up paying more for the containers than the machine.My guess is that the sales rep will try to sell you a ridiculous amount of containers.PacoJet is in my eyes a very good machine. If it's worth the money depends on your operation. In some places i couldn't have been without.
I moved to Barcelona and find myself being that exhausted often. Go to Norway.
Id say you are able to get magnificent meat by mixing SV and chuck steaks. Of course it depends on what you want to use the final result, but Ive been very happy about mine.  Now as we are discussing this, Santona... Whats your thoughts about sous vide in ovens with vapour vs. circulators and water baths. In some cases I think its works fine, but sometimes there is no substitute for waterbath and the efficiency of the water when it comes to transferring heat quickly.
Serve my potatosallad luke warm. Make an emulsion on a sweet mustard, lime juice/zest and extra virgin olive oil.  Its a good base i use in different variations. 
Sorry. Bad formulation. Things gets mixed up by a Norwegian living in Catalunya writing in English. I agree. My point was that even down here they are both called alioli. Im working for one of the most famous Michelinchefs in the country, and we make it by mixing garlic and egg, and emulsifying it. We even have another recipe containing milk.How you write it depends on being spanish, catalan, english or whatever, and i dont really care.   By making a garlic paste and then...
 Id say you´re both right. Here in Catalunya (part of Spain who claim inventing the alioli) people do separate between alioli made with and without egg. Alioli comes from the words for garlic and oil. A purist would say it should be without the eggyolk, but in most cases its made with. Without your make a paste of garlic, and then emulsify with oil. With its a garlic flavoured mayo. Still havent been to a/worked in restaurant that does it without the egg, not even the...
Do you mind writing the recipie with amounts? What does it contain? Cream, sugar, mascarpone and chocolate (%?). Anything else? Does it have enough fat, or should you have less liquid? Add gelatin? I'm suspecting the emulsion. Why cool the ganach? Why not heating cream and suger, adding it to the cheese and in the end adding chocolate (melted)? In theory it should set when it cools off. At least the fat of the chocolate. In the end, I think the key to this is in the...