or Connect

Posts by ljokjel

Dont forget the part of writing it in the cocktail menu as well, if you have one. I love these new rules. More than a year into the new rules nobody knows how they really are, even the inspectors who are supposed to control this dont understand them. At least here in Norway.
270 g sugar 1200 g milk (4% fat) 163 g browned butter 11 (220 g) eggyolk
SV is great for certain things, not so great for others. Some times it gives you a great financial bonus, others not. One example of cost minimising is low temp fry, fat poach, confit or whatever you want to call it. Im gonna go with confit. These are fictional numbers used used to explain a point. If you want to confit 2kg of duck leg, you will need duck fat. By using SV its enough if you use 50g of fat, because the bag will ensure the fats contact with the leg at all...
People stealing bikes is a world wide problem. I know our infrastructure is more bike-friendly, but that's got nothing to do with pride.Was it just a joke, or is it kinda frowned upon to use a bicycle amongst some, or maybe a bit of both?
As a European I just can't help asking. Is cycling really that bad, and why? Im used to it being just as quick as public transport, cheaper and healthier, as well as saving you from the problem of finding parking.
With my apprentice I do both. I think its important for her to learn the basics the old fashioned way, just to know it. In case she one day will need it. My colleagues think Im a pretentious idiot because Im teaching her the difference between a tamis, chinoise and a sieve, with the rest of the french lingo. "Youre the only guy I know whos able to make a sieve sound like a French cake."    You never know when youre going to need it.  But I also make sure to teach her...
November /december is high season in Norway. The FB-group "kokker søkes" is a good place to start.
Scandinavian countries wont be a problem, since we all have a pretty good English. I've even worked in "English" kitchens here because one out of five cooks talked English, and it was easier just switching language than teach the foreign dude Norwegian. And we are really lacking cooks as well in the entire country.
Hollandaise was my thought as well, but I would have added mustard. The mustard is already in the Wellington, so do a play in that direction, as well as being a flavour easily paired with asparagus. The fat of the emulsionsauce is also needed in my opinion, as well as the texture.   Edit: Herbs as well to go with the lamb..   If you go for the salsa romesco, try it out with some leek / scallions in the style of the catalan Calcots. Could be a good idea for garnish,...
A big no. Safety, hygiene and appearances. There is nothing that can be said to change that.