What you are seeing is indeed a fungus, I treat my pumpkins and squashes weekly with a Bordeaux Mixture, ( copper sulphate and lime )
Do not stop the weekly regime as it is more of a preventative than a cure.
GMS, glycerol mono-stearate, will foam up most oils, melt in at around 90Celcuis and whip up
Sounds quite chemical but GMS is used as a milk substitute in cheaper ice cream or in sorbets as I thickener
Hi Chef-Marcus and jlmassey
I bought a small kit for button mushrooms and it worked like a bomb for about 2 weeks, had as many mushroom items on the menu as possible, the mushroom box sort of fizzled out after 3 weeks but...
Does anyone grow there own mushrooms for restaurant use?
I think it would be nice to say the mushrooms were picked when your order was placed 5 minutes ago.
If anyone has experience with this, please kindly share it