or Connect

Posts by depaul

I have 2 questions   I have seen people using term  aioli (bacon/chipotle etc)on their menus.I think real aioli must have garlic. Now people add little flavor to Mayo and called : aioli: for that. What is the real recipe for Aioli ?.Is it acceptable to use the term for flavored mayo?   my next question is making some flavored burgers. Instead of having different toppings to the plain burger patty, How about mixing , chopped onions, parsley, different seasonings...
I own a breakfast restaurant and currently I am usuing a POS system which sends the orders to the kitchen and keep track of items sold.. But it is not capable of inventory control to keep a track of my purchases, entering invoices etc...can any one recommend a reasonably priced software system I can purchse and install.
I want to make my own topping for Waffles and Pancakes in my breakfast restaurant.This is what i did Cored and sliced apples, tossed in small amount of lemon juice.Caramelized sugar and then add little butter when caramel is golden brown.add apples and cook until soft and all caramel absorbed..   But I am trying to see any one serve crunchy apple slices coated with caramel on pancakes. I have fresh strawberry and banana toppings, but will fresh or lightly cooked...
I have been using frozen 8 oz chicken breasts and once I thaw them out they are about 6.7 to 7 oz. I just grill them for sandwiches and salads.I am just adding seasoning salt on both sides while it is cooking on the grill. I know there are pre seasoned broth added frozen chicken breasts in the market.   I found this fresh chicken breasts 8 to 10 oz each for a better price and I love to move over to that product.I am going to butterfly them as they are very thick.Can...
I am introducing Grilled catfish .I use cornmeal, flour, cajun spices,blackened seasonig etc...I just dredge the fillet in the mixture and cook on the pan with little margarine. Later we realized it is  very convineinet and less oil absorbing when cook on the grill, but final appearance and  quality remain the same.my menu description says"fillet of catfish dredge in yellow cornmeal and Cajun spices then grill to perfection.....If I am using cornmeal can it be grilled....
I know Pastrami usually serve on Rye.If I say" grilled pastrami on a French roll "will that be odd? Any restaurants serve like that?
I know usually pastrami serve on Rye bread.If I put pastrami on a roll , will that be acceptable ?any restaurants serve it like that
I own a breakfast place and have lots of bread ends as left overs.Trying to make croutons by dicing and frying in the deep fryer.How can get I get the quality and the taste as commercialy make croutons. I tried a seasoned croutons I bought form Sysco and nice flavor added.Any ideas ?
Thank you for your comments, I like to get little more details about not getting a small oven . With space availability,I can go with only a small oven. My goal is to introduce few pasta itmes like Chicken Parmigiano and  quick re heat to some items .my options are Cadco unox with three 1/4  pans , Waring wco 250 with three 1/4 pan or waring wco 500 with three 1/2 pans. My place is a good breakfast restaurant and I have a very slow lunch and  adding some lunch items..I...
I have narrowed down my options to Vitamix  VM 0100 to Waring 1100xtx . Waring one is about $ 45 cheaper, but I am not concern about it.My local electric repair shop owner says he is getting lots of Vitamix for repairs and he says Waring one is much better choice...can any Waring user can comment on this please