or Connect

Posts by equinox

to clarify, do you use the traditional pin with the handles and bearings for the pie crust dough?
Does the type of rolling pin you use make a difference?  I have been using a tapered dowel for my pie crust dough and I've been having problems with cracks developing on the edges. I began to wonder if it might be because of the tapered dowel. It exerts pressure on the dough over a relatively small area.  A traditional rolling pin exerts pressure ove a wider area.  I had better luck (not perfect) when I used the traditional rolling pin. What do you think?
I want to be a good customer and order appropriately. I don't go out very often, but when I do, it is usually to a fine establishment. If I intend to order a bottle of wine, is it ok to order it when the waiter asks for our drink order? It seems that when the waiter asks If we'll be having drinks, he or she is expecting a cocktail order. For me, that would be a bit too much alcohol. A lot of times, it's hard to make a good wine selection before you place your dinner...