or Connect

Posts by gNnairdA

Hot steaming instant noodles mixed with raw eggs and msg filled soup mix from the package.         Truly a beautiful sight to behold.
Maybe you can learn some cooking from Sanji! ( I kid)   I found Martin Yan's video helpful. note: he uses a cleaver but the techniques work just as well for a chef's knife also.   Martin Yan part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV8FPk5qN9k part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-UUWWig-pU&feature=related part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kB_Gl_8v-4&feature=related part 4( debone a chicken in less than 30...
On my trip to Seattle The Pike Place had some really great clam chowder.   I think its ranked first for the best clam chowder in the city.
That explains why I was groped so much :O.
The characteristics the industry often attracts?
I used the chef knife for sushi for awhile. its a sharp knife and feels nice in my hand. the blade rolls easily so you need a ceramic honing rod. I find the spear - paring knife extremely awkward to hold when you wanna do stuff like peeling or carving. vegetable cutter is decent though imo kind of pointless to have if you got a chef knife ( came in a 3 piece knfie set ( chef , paring, veggie cutter. go figure).   Personally I wouldn't recommend it solely because  of...
How did you guys survive during your years as a linecook? after working a couple jobs here I learned somethings. 1) It's a lot of fun  2)your social life goes down the drain 3) almost no time or tired to cook at home 4) s*** pay.   the last 3 facts I've learned worries me about the future like If I suddenly had to raise a family.   Might sound a little silly from a guy that isnt even dating to even worry about raising a family but my worse nightmare would...
I really just wanna taste it and give something new to my family  dinners. I'll probably only make just enough for 1 day of immidate consumption, because I know that it might be another couple weeks before they are willing to try something else lol. but when worse comes to worse can't you just freeze it? I  plan to make some seared scallops on bruschetta with extravirgin infused with basil on top. So I'm just using it for the last stage.  I'm curious on how you guys...
I'm about to experiment with some olive oil. I take it that you take w/e herb and blanch it quickly then blend it with some oil and let it sit for a day and you got your infused oil.    Is there a significant difference in taste when making it with fresh compared to dried after straining? Take Basil for example. I'm guessing fresh would have a stronger taste so would adding more dried basil make up for it?   :edit : I'm working with Extra virgin olive oil so...
I got into the business 6 months ago and dropped everything yesterday. why? you start with low pay and extremely hard work. I'm not saying the hard work scared me away from it but the pay was just so low I worry about the future if I were to support a family on 15$/hr while  working 65 hrs/week.not being able to spend any time with friends and family since I would be working during weekends and holidays. I enjoyed it a lot.  I would wake up at 10am  and work till 2 am...