or Connect

Posts by leeniek

From a co worker when I was pulled from my dept to help the shipper catch up....this is BS did you tell boss how much work we have to do? .... (At the time we had to slice two cases of peppers....maybe an hour of work tops... Open three cases of mozzarella... Five minutes of work.. And one case of mozzarella.... Again maybe six minutes of work with that.) I said yes I did and there were three of us so we could easily spare one for such little work to do. Her words... ...
I work in a food production facility and we are required to take our breaks. HR pretty much insists on it. It took a long time for me to get used to, actually having more than a run to the washroom or a few minutes while I scarfed back a sandwich.
I think I read somewhere that the husband was going to be deported?
Well put foodpump. I didn't go to culinary school but it is something I'm seriously considering for the experience. It will be part time studies at a community college, not a for profit cooking school. My boss is the same way you are..if he knows his staff are willing to learn he is more than willing to take the time and explain things to us and teach/mentor us.
That was one of the main reasons I left the diner...how the owners treated the staff. I've never been so poorly treated in my life and It was affecting my family life so I got out and I'm glad I did. I think you need to decide what is best for you and if leaving this place is the answer then go for it. Not every cook can work in every kitchen..
I don't wear any makeup to work at all... It's pointless..I'm just going to sweat it off anyway so why bother with the mess and waste in the first place. As for hair, I'm always changing my hairdo so sometimes it's long enough to tie up, other times it gets tucked into the net as it's that short. Outside of work I do like to dress all pretty and I like my nice clothes and jewelry so I enjoy that in my off time.
That one who refused to tie her hair back reminds me of a co worker. She's the break nazi.. has to have her breaks on time no matter where we are in our work, and refuses to tuck her bangs completely under her hairnets as it 'looks ugly"! Hmm... Last time I checked we work in a food factory not a beauty salon. And as for the breaks... I take one in the morning when it is a good time ( between tasks ) and then lunch when the time allows. We're supposed to take an...
I think I've been lucky in that I've never had the sexist stuff thrown at me. Holding the door open is just being polite and I do it for any co worker no matter what their gender is. The place I am at now, there is alot of ribbing etc that gets thrown my way but I give as good as I get and they all know that. At the end of the day it's all about how you do your job and how you fit into the kitchen.
I must have mellowed or something because I watched four episodes of it yesterday and didn't find it irritating at all, and I almost want to watch tonight to see what happens. I likely won't though and I'll watch it on demand, maybe. I love the F word! I think it's the best show he's done, and I agree..the American TV shoes he does are definitely scripted and they are acting, not really cooking
You can even incorporate what you know about music and the style etc you prefer into the establishment you set up.  These days there is no limit on what you can do.    I've been watching this place downtown... it's opening in April and it's a board game lounge and for a small cover you can go in and play their board games all day long plus they have food etc as well...  The idea came out of the owners love of board games..