or Connect

Posts by leeniek

Vynil Cafe on CBC radio.....    Stortytelling and Canadian music  .... and the host is really good 
I wonder if it is suppliers do it again?   One of our major suppliers has run out of three key ingerdients we need for production.....how on earth does that happen?   They are importers and well should by now know the demand from us and their other clients.... and yet they are out stuff...     When we finally can get our supplies we are in the kelp forest with how delayed we are and we have to catch those menu items up.....  Good news is management will never let us down...
Her time is coming to an end... just a few more weeks and she is back at school.   Her boss did hire the one summer student who is not returning to school but he is on a hiring spree and he is hoping my daughter will be back at Christmas and she will if she cannot get a work placement for that time for her course at school
sorry typing is not my thing...that should have read pastry chef
@Chefross  I didn't mention that one of those summer students is my daughter.... she is taking the paralegal course in school but at first thought she wanted to be a pasty chef.  They LOVE her at work.... she works hard, does what they tell her and when she is done for the day and her shift isn't over she will come to my side of the plant and ask if chef has anything for her do to or can she go make boxes until the end of her shift.   I helped her get the job last year...
Foodpump I have a cellphone and it's location is in the cabinet in the dining room I think?   I got a pay as you go deal when we went to Chicago and the school wanted us to be in contact and I used it for a bit but then.... I keep forgetting it...  If someone needs to get ahold of me they have my email and home phone number and if I am really close to them they have my apple id and they can get me on messenger on my ipad....
Honestly I don't think it is an age thing when it comes to work ethic but more of a personal thing and everyone is different no matter how old they are.     I am of the 1960s born generation and there is a woman at work who was born the same year I was and we are so completely different it isn't funny.   I will do anything for anyone and management sees that and I have been trained to work in every department in the plant.   This other woman... is only willing to work in...
When I worked at the cafe, we had a great sales rep from our supplier.  Our busy time was summer because of the patio (the only one on the street at that time) so we would always make big orders but in the winter it was slower and we never met the minimum order requirement but she didn't penalize us for it as she knew it was going to change in the summer.   We ordered from them every two weeks and she would come and see us every two weeks and sit with me and go through...
Interesting thread.  Our niece works at the new Sysco plant that opened in Woodstock ON and from what she says it's a great place to work.  She is in the office though so likely it's different than being a customer service rep or warehouse worker...
I looked it up and foodborne illness can take anywhere from 10 hours to 28 days after ingesting to show itself, depending on the type of illness.   I found this info here   http://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm103263.htm