or Connect

Posts by leeniek

Foodpump, this is a topic that needs to be addressed in the workplace by employers because what we have is a huge case of culture clash.   We have the people of our generation who have really only gained the whole idea of cellphones  and the internet etc  and being so connected all the time in the last maybe 20 or so  years and then we have those who have grown up with that culture and can't begin to imagine not being connected to facebook or twitter or whatever all the...
It's amazing how attached people have become to their cellphones, especially it seems the younger generation and by that I mean people in their 20s and younger.   Maybe it's the "old fart" in me but I wonder why they need to be so connected all the time?
Before I worked in a food plant and was forced to wear steel toed shoes I swore by my Dansko Pro clogs.. they came in open back or closed back and were the most comfortable kitchen footwear I had.  Not cheap thoug... $160 per pair but they lasted forever...
Lots of those kind of places are opening up in my neighbourhood right now and yeah it's also becoming hipster hell....   I have eaten in a couple of them.. food was ok... doubt I'd return though...
I would love to be able to wear a skirt at work but I doubt it would conform to SQF standards...     So for falling down pants the best thing I have found is to get one size smaller than what you need to get.  In the beginning your waistband will be a little snug but with time the elastic will wear and you will have comfy pants.   
Congrats!!!     And we just got through Thanksgiving Hell... I need a breather before I even begin to think about Christmas...
Vynil Cafe on CBC radio.....    Stortytelling and Canadian music  .... and the host is really good 
I wonder if it is suppliers do it again?   One of our major suppliers has run out of three key ingerdients we need for production.....how on earth does that happen?   They are importers and well should by now know the demand from us and their other clients.... and yet they are out stuff...     When we finally can get our supplies we are in the kelp forest with how delayed we are and we have to catch those menu items up.....  Good news is management will never let us down...
Her time is coming to an end... just a few more weeks and she is back at school.   Her boss did hire the one summer student who is not returning to school but he is on a hiring spree and he is hoping my daughter will be back at Christmas and she will if she cannot get a work placement for that time for her course at school
sorry typing is not my thing...that should have read pastry chef