or Connect

Posts by leeniek

Alot of parents these days are afraid to stand up to their kids and be parents and they aren't doing their kids any favours at all with that approach.  Not all kids are like this but it seems that they feel the world owes them a living or something.   Our kids are 16 (soon to be 17) and 18 (soon to be 19) and they are awesome.  We disciplined them when they were younger, but didn't hit them... my mom was very quick with the back of her hand when I was a kid and I...
Best of luck to you!  Keep us posted!
I have to add... nasty unused sink full of debris in the dishpit.  When I was at the breakfast place one of the dishwashers really didn't care about his job and would never clean the unused sink.. it backed up one day and the smell was terrible!  It was so bad we had to open the front and back doors to air the place out and the servers were walking around with cans of air freshener to cover the smell..   Just thinking about it brings back the smell.. yuck
Congratulations!  All I can say is get as much sleep as you both can before the baby arrives...  and well your life is about to change forever and it's not a bad thing, just a different thing..
I used to use jarred sauce but now I make my own using crushed tomatoes, and when I have them fresh tomatoes.  My inlaws can't get over how fresh my sauce tastes when I bring a pasta dish to a family party compared to theirs and the secret is in the sauce.    It seems that not alot of people cook from scratch anymore.. it's a shame too because the food just tastes so much better when it's made that way..
I've used the oven ready noodles for lasagne and for some reason i like the texture of them vs the ones you have to boil first.  Fresh noodles are amazing for making canneloni and manicotti.  This thread has me wanting a pasta machine for my birthday/mother's day!   Olive Garden is kind of gross, I have to admit.  Of everything they serve  I like the salad and breadsticks the best.  I've rarely had pasta in a restaurant that I've truly enjoyed.  There used to be...
Not quite like that kgirl...  the heels would kill me!   They're the red ones in the middle of this pic   http://forestca.com/welcome.htm   and they're going to look super cute with a steel grey leopard print dress that I'm making using this pattern     http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/rooibos   I didn't do the contrast collar like they did in the picture... I figured the print was busy enough.  I have to fix it today though because I messed up the...
The diner had white tile in the kitchen and it was horrible to keep clean.  We'd mop at least twice a day but still it was disgusting because stuff from outside was constantly being tracked through the kitchen.  They had a separate prep kitchen in the apartment above the diner that we had to access using the fire escape, so you can just imagine the junk that was coming through there.   We have a concrete floor that's got a non skid type of coating on it at work......
I love Dansko pro clogs but unfortunately I can't wear them at work because they aren't steel toed and we have to wear steel toed shoes.  I have Mellow Walks and they are terrible!!  I've been looking for a better shoe but so far all of the steel toed shoes are just awful.    I do have a boot allowance of $75 a year that the company will cover so that does help with the price a little...    
The price is definitely steep for a home pressure fryer!  My sister in law gave me a recipe years ago for her version of KFC.  It's deep fried just enough to crisp the skin and then baked in the oven to finish it off.  Dark meat works best with this way of cooking though as it doesn't dry out as white meat does.  I make it now and then and my kids prefer it to the actual KFC.     This is the recipe:   Mary's KFC Seasoning Mix   7 cups flour. 5 Tbsp...