or Connect

Posts by leeniek

Thanks Petals.. the best part about the job is that it gives me time to enjoy life... a hard to find thing in our world, I know..   I'm on day one of my staycation... I have two and a half weeks off starting today... hubby is off starting Wednesday and he goes back a day before I do...  I went for a walk, saw a free concert, took myself out for lunch and now I'm between sewing tasks... this next one is going to be a PITA but it will be really unique once I am done...
Ha ha Billl you're funny!  How are you and the family doing?
K-girl I think I gained twenty pounds just looking at your pics!  Mind you I will pass on the raw fish... I'm not a fish fan on the best of days though I have to admit..   I'm glad you and the hubby had a great trip home!!
Hi everyone     Remember me???  That crazy lady?     Well I am still around, just busy.   I am full time in the production kitchen and the lead in my department.... I have benefits, work perks and a company pension... i am never leaving this job!  Yes it is mind numbing.. think standing in front of a roto griller feeding veg into it for hours at a time.... or pounding out ready to bake pizzas by the 100s.... we have a great crew and the bosses are...
The (insert whatever colourful adjectives you want here) pizza wrapping machine... the SOB threads like a serger but is an effing pain in the *ahem after the top is threaded and the tech dude we have to deal with it has no clue as to what he is doing (and he admitted that to me last week) so whenever it effs up and it is often we are screwed and we do what we do out of blind luck.... Last week, the head chef and I looked at the damned thing and we agreed it needed to be...
I really cannot answer your question, but i can share my experience...   I work currently in a production facility and there i am full time and paid more than the part timers so they expect more from me...  I have absolutely no issues with that whatsoever  and I do my very best to ensure my department is up to snuff so to speak and then some..  I have never been one to slack off when it comes to work and when I see something needs to be done I roll up my sleeves and...
I've been coveting a few new sewing machines for a while and today I finally took the plunge and did it..   I am the proud owner of this '   http://novasewing.com/shop/pfaff-select-150-limited-edition/   and I love it!!!     I could have spent more and gotten a machine with a wider bed but really... this is perfect for what I do!  And It was on sale and.. Igot 5 bonus presser feet in the process....   This is the first time in my life I have ever...
I agree it's about how you interact with the owners.   When I was hired on at the diner, I was interviewed by the husband, and hired by him... had I met the wife I would never have taken the job.  She and I were very different personalities and had very different ways of handling things.  They were looking for my replacement, and planned to keep me on until they found someone and I decided that I'd had enough and for the first time in my life quit "effective immediately"...
Have a great time Kgirl!
Alot of parents these days are afraid to stand up to their kids and be parents and they aren't doing their kids any favours at all with that approach.  Not all kids are like this but it seems that they feel the world owes them a living or something.   Our kids are 16 (soon to be 17) and 18 (soon to be 19) and they are awesome.  We disciplined them when they were younger, but didn't hit them... my mom was very quick with the back of her hand when I was a kid and I...