or Connect

Posts by leeniek

Not quite like that kgirl...  the heels would kill me!   They're the red ones in the middle of this pic   http://forestca.com/welcome.htm   and they're going to look super cute with a steel grey leopard print dress that I'm making using this pattern     http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/rooibos   I didn't do the contrast collar like they did in the picture... I figured the print was busy enough.  I have to fix it today though because I messed up the...
The diner had white tile in the kitchen and it was horrible to keep clean.  We'd mop at least twice a day but still it was disgusting because stuff from outside was constantly being tracked through the kitchen.  They had a separate prep kitchen in the apartment above the diner that we had to access using the fire escape, so you can just imagine the junk that was coming through there.   We have a concrete floor that's got a non skid type of coating on it at work......
I love Dansko pro clogs but unfortunately I can't wear them at work because they aren't steel toed and we have to wear steel toed shoes.  I have Mellow Walks and they are terrible!!  I've been looking for a better shoe but so far all of the steel toed shoes are just awful.    I do have a boot allowance of $75 a year that the company will cover so that does help with the price a little...    
The price is definitely steep for a home pressure fryer!  My sister in law gave me a recipe years ago for her version of KFC.  It's deep fried just enough to crisp the skin and then baked in the oven to finish it off.  Dark meat works best with this way of cooking though as it doesn't dry out as white meat does.  I make it now and then and my kids prefer it to the actual KFC.     This is the recipe:   Mary's KFC Seasoning Mix   7 cups flour. 5 Tbsp...
I don't have the issues you have with the girls, Frau but I've found that 100% cotton sports bras go a long way for  keeping me comfortable.  One of the ladies I work with is rather well endowed (well compared to me a pencil is!) and she wears the sports bras you can get in walmart for $15 for a three pack and she swears by them.    
It was crazy warm last week but that's over now and March is going to go out like a lion... it did come in like a lamb and then a blast furnace so why not go out in style?    I'm definitely not looking forward to getting out the snow shovel in the morning but well.. it is still March after all and I do live in Canada....
At home I pretty much don't change what I wear when I walk into the kitchen.. unless I have a fancy top on or nice dress then I might put on an apron or just change althgether...  it really depends on what I am going to be doing too... I wouldn't do my housework in my nicest clothes, but I do like to look nice around the house and in general... especially since I spend most of my days in baggy pants, a chef coat, horrible awful terrible steel toed shoes and at least two...
Hausfrau, the one thing I found when I worked on a hot line that worked well for the swamp syndrome you're finding, was 100% cotton sports bras, and another 100%cotton tshirt underneath my chef coat.  I don't know how the cotton sports bra thing would work out for ladies with a fuller figure, but for myself I have a boyish figure so that works for me.  One of the ladies in my department is larger and she swears by the 3/$15 cotton sports bras from walmart so.. there you...
Nice pic Kgirl...   It wasn't as hot today as they said.. Isort of dressed for the weather (loose tunic, tights and flats) and I was fine on my way home.. now they say tomorrow is the hot one and I'm ready to go too.. skirt, top, sweater, nylons for the morning and flats again... I should be fine..  If I get motiviated I could actually finish a shirt I've been making that would be perfect for tomorrow but it all depends on what everyone wants to do after dinner... I...
Thanks, l4b, and yes we both were struggling with career related issues last summer.  I certainly learned alot last summer and it was all about what I did not want to do... one place I trialed at I would have stayed at if the servers were not such certified *****es..  the cooks were great but the servers were horrible.    How are things going for you?   Work is slow these last two weeks... spring holidays are starting and all of the food side is slow... I'm not...