or Connect

Posts by petalsandcoco

Peng : Thank you so much for the break down on your bread mixture. There is something about toasted rye bread.               I also enjoyed the fact that you added fenugreek ( there was a time when I used to cook alot with it)  and caraway. Thank you for the pictorial.               You are an inspiration for those who wish to start making bread, Well Done                 Can't wait to see your other goodies.   Chris : Wonderful Dish ! I enjoyed your plating, the...
Hello Abe, we went  this year for two weeks and just rested. Unlike all our other trips there, the only thing I wanted to do was sleep, suntan, and lay by the beach, so we chose Holguin, an all inclusive resort. There are 5-6 large restaurants that you can book at besides the buffet. I ended up eating by the beach most of the time for the seafood. They have a French restaurant, Italian, etc. The resort is quite big and the entertainment at night is good. They have a swim...
So glad you like them SicariiX ! For Candied petals, brush both sides of the petal with egg white wash ( I use my fingertips as it goes quicker) , sprinkle super fine sugar, tap , place on parchment . They need to stay in a cool dry area for 6-8 hours. (no humidity, at all) I move them every 2 hours to make sure they don't stick to the paper. You can store them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Some do it for longer but I don't.  You can just imagine what a...
Yesterday : (sorry if the pics are dark- I bake early)    Homemade puff (too many pics to post)    Let rest in fridge for 30 minutes, Line baking sheet , bake 20 minutes.    Palmiers    Mini turkey pies        Banana bread    Pancakes with candied rose petals and raspberries.
@ Butzy : Who doesn't like a homemade rustic pizza ? We all do ! I enjoy "thin and crispy" , it allows the ingredients to shine without getting weighed done with all the dough. A fine entry !   @ SicariiX : What a terrific pictorial on the chocolate eclairs ! First entry with Choux.  I usually make mine with straight up whipped cream or pastry cream too, I would like to try it with the cream cheese filling. Who feels like cleaning a pastry bag when you can pipe it right...
Teamfat, I love your humor !   @ flipflopgirl: You have almost 10 sweets on your list, I sure hope you plan on posting something in the flour challenge, we would love to see your work. 
@ tbos42 : Those pancakes look extremely fluffy ? By any chance, did you put lemon zest in the batter ? The kids must have loved it ! Pancakes are one of those meals that can fit into a few time slots.  Well Done !   @ Kgirl: So you made the cake ? LOL  , I made it a few years ago to see how good the crumb was, it was a very good cake. So many folks have enjoyed the recipe. Nice job on the cake, I'm sure he loved it !  Can't wait to see what else is up your sleeve...
Very Nice Ordo ! What kind of sauce is that ?   @ Jake : I really like this !  
Another nice pasta dish Kgirl, can we know what ration of flour/semolina you are using to eggs ?
A dish for the Kings.....