or Connect

Posts by petalsandcoco

They watch their weight and always expect smaller portions yet with a larger assortment of dishes.  Where I work they eat a huge breakfast, always fruit plates and then some type of protein.  Lunch is always the big meal of the day. Late afternoon they always hit the kitchen up for snacks of some sort.  Supper is always light, served with wine and dessert is a given. My boss is sweet on chocolate so I'm always baking with it.  His wife accumulated recipes from their...
Nice looking pies there Mike. @ FF: They are red peppercorns.  Are you trying to egg me on ? Nice to see that you broke out of your shell. If you do decide this technique, you will find them egg-strordinary. Well, I think I've said un oeuf 
@ SicariiX : Three terrific entries. a) fish and chips b) Homemade Chicken Alfredo c) French Bread. I enjoyed your batter for the fish, never had it. There was a thread not that long ago about prep for fries, yours look like they were cooked perfect. Love the pics of the pasta hanging and your daughter is cute as a button.  You can't go wrong with French bread  Well Done !   @ tbos42 : Those Calzones are looking fantastic, the kids must have loved them. I can't remember...
Set oven to 400F and have your puff ready in the fridge, roll out into a square and toss in oven. While that bakes for 20 minutes, cook your bacon. Set up another pan and start your eggs.   I did not use a gadget for the eggs. Here is how I make them     Bring a pan of chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to med and gently drop in the eggs. Turn heat to min. The liquid should never cover the yolks , you can see from the pic where the level is (this is the way I do them...
@ TBos42 : I enjoyed your two recent entries on the Hardtack and scallops.   Do you remember the movie Seabiscuit (the small horse that won) ? His father the Sire was Hard Tack. Sailors ate sea biscuits (hard tack) on ships.     Using the cold water dough, your spin on the scallops with those finely cut truffles,  look amazing.  I can see why you chose a demi, it must of given it depth of flavor.  A terrific savoury dish in this challenge  !
Ordo :  I was in the middle of posting , and all of a sudden , Ay, Caramba, there you were. Oh my Ordo, what can I say ? First of all , the pictures - extraordinaire !  Pasta al uova & futtuccini - wonderful creations.    I look at these sensational  pictures of everyones's hard work/talent and love  and I get this overwhelming sensation to reach into the screen and grab one.....shame on me, but you're truly the beautiful and generous kind of folks everyone should come...
Sunday I had to make these for Monday luncheon at work. Nothing complicated just long to make.   Samosa    For the dough ( I will post my recipe for a single batch as I have mine set for 4 times)   1/4 cup canola oil 2/3 cup water 2 cups flour 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking powder   I will post the "how to"  beside the pics.    In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and water. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder.     Stir 2/3 of the oil-water...
Nothing elaborate, simply poached eggs on puff the other day.
Just Lovely Chris ! We are all kissable after lots of garlic.  Welcome back.  We are all looking forward to your contribution to the flour thread. 
Sounds great FF, I would want to make sure that it doesn't out. Indirect heat is the way to go. Your serving the very things I enjoy. With your skills on the grill , I have no doubt it will be an eventful and enjoyable evening.