or Connect

Posts by petalsandcoco

I agree, great looking food everyone. Jake , if you serve that dish 3 times a day, I'll gladly eat it. In fact there should be a law on serving stuff like that....
If it's puff then I would definitely use the paper
Soup for a King  Jake. I truly believe that its all about the stock.    I don't know how to make this pic smaller , I took it from my album. I made this awhile back . Spring roll , stuffed with shrimp, pork, carrot, rice noodle, peppers, mint, coriander, topped with garlic chilli and sweet ginger sauce.     How about some Char Sui  
Kgirl & FF : Thank you. I used two lbs of phyllo . The tea was simply mint , freshly steeped. That dessert was part of a meal I posted in the "what did you have for dinner " thread.
You truly are Hiro. Visiting Japan is a goal of mine . Doing hanami in a gorgeous spot with a lunch would be wonderful.
Hiro, we can dream about beautiful things but nothing comes close to the word beautiful but then to be sitting under the cherry trees in full bloom.
Thank you everyone for your kind words.Torrie , I just wanted to comment on what you did with those 34 loaves of bread , fantastic. That's what I call "Paying it Forward" .One random act of kindness , no matter what it is, goes a long way to make this world a better place.As chefs/cooks/food lovers , there is always a part of us that is on the giving end. We feel it, we live it.There should be a thread on just that, paying it forward. It can be anything: open the door and...
Fascinating to know that about you Terry.  I have some odd pieces from Firenze which I used not that long ago for lining boxes. I'll post a pic for you of what I have used. I have never seen any paper from Japan and I would imagine that it's exquisite.     @ Hiro :  Well since you asked, which is very kind of you by the way , would love to have a piece of jewlery from mikimoto, namely the spring ring here in this...
A combination of things:                     Spinach and feta tarts, dolmades, salad, roasted peppers, garlic sauce & baba ghanoush, tzatziki & hummus, chicken,pork, shrimp, tabbouleh, moussaka, pita, baklava     @ Ordo: that is a fav of mine, very nice dish @ Oldschool: looks great
Baklava         If someone has never made this dessert before, I would like to recommend a tip. Prior to cutting your squares/triangles, refrigerate it for 30 minutes before cutting as the  fat will solidify and it will make  much easier for cutting. Some have went ahead and cut the pastry only to find out that the phyllo rips.    In this particular dish I used rose water and vanilla. There are those that use other combinations but this is what I like to...