or Connect

Posts by petalsandcoco

@ Teamfat: Folks we have the first pasta entry and it's looking terrific. Warm buttered noodles with Parm, who doesn't love that ? Great job Teamfat !   @ Butzy: I don't think we could ever get tired of seeing bread, its essential to everyday living and there is always something to be learned. (I read the no-knead thread and was wondering if you should up the yeast- a thought) Have you ever made Dosa ?   @ Kgirl: Nice job on the semolina sheets for the lasagna. Did you...
Nice going there Chris. I can see that with a wasabi mayo.
Fantastic Pictures Chris, it is a place I would like to see one day.  BTW we missed you and hope you are well rested.
That's how I do it as well, season all over, salt and pepper . Some folks drizzle a touch of oil over that dry rub, but it's totally up to you.
 Always use the proper utensil.    ps. Kuan , I held my breath for that fruit cutting video.
 For you Frenchfries, 
Freezing  raw meatloaf also preserves the quality of the meatloaf.  Definitely let thaw in fridge prior to cooking. 
@ Phatch : Masa Harina, nice choice and first time use here, and those turkey tamales look great. I have never eaten a tamale with turkey but their is always a first time. Your family must of really enjoyed them.   @ :Butzy, Your breads look fantastic ! I could have that wrap for breakfast. This challenge is about participation , and I am so glad that you took the time to share even your baking talents with us all. There is nothing you can't make Butzy, I'm very...
 You did a terrific job with the pork ! You implemented a great technique by using the caul fat. It not only insulates the meat but will melt and baste the meat while it cooks.  Using the lamb fat may have imparted depth of flavor, not a bad thing. Maybe one day you would like to try it with salmon ? Top a fillet of salmon with fish forcemeat, wrap in caul, sear and roast. Left over mash potatoes ? toss in fried celery , onion then wrap in caul , they make for tasty...
I made these early this morning.    Apple Fritters    3   Cup flour 1/2 tsp salt 2    tsp baking powder 1/2 cup sugar 1    egg 1    cup whole milk 1/4 butter 2    cups of apple -peeled, cored and diced 1    tsp vanilla 6    cups of vegetable oil for frying 2    tbsp cinnamon (for coating mixture) 1/2 cup sugar ( for coating mixture)      I used Cortland apples, 2 to be precise    Mix the dry ingredients and create a well in the center.    Prepare the...