or Connect

Posts by tigerwoman

not sure about corn dogs but many fried foods reheat well in an oven. So do test it out - not hard to do.   another thought is how are you serving them  -are they a passed item or will they be served on a buffet.   If you are passing them get one or two domestic table top fryers (fry daddy sort of thing) and fry 20 or so per fryer at a time  that will give you plenty to pass per round before you have to go out again.   As for keeping them warm on a buffet...
"We had set out 9 tables of 8 plus there were 3 patio tables outside that were full and set for 4 people."  that equals 72 + 12 seats = 84 seats for 65 guests?   I am curious as to why you set out more than 65 seats?   wouldn't that alone force the client to come to you asking for more chairs for their guests.   When we set up - we don't allow for extra chairs - just the number they give us.  Some tables may have 8, some 11, some 12 guests each but add them all...
totally agree that the vegetarian dish needs to be available for everyone since the carnivores will consider it a side dish. Question - are you serving this or is it self serve?   One possible way that you can make less of the "vegetarian" option and not have the problem that everyone stated - running out because the carnivores took a portion first is to make the same dish but one with meat and one without - even then I would still have at least one to half ratio...
http://cuisinetc-catering.blogspot.com/2009/09/cheese-glorious-cheese.html
I too have been using these lead generators for about 10 years - since just after 9-11.  It takes a while to learn how to "read" the forms and of course each potential client reads it and fills it out differently.   It HAD been a lucrative source of income for us in the past. - We've gotten multiple jobs that were over 20K - up to 70K even - but that was then and this is now.  It used to be that the clients would put in a price of 15-25 per guest and they wouldn't find...
hi Antuco - if you read through the thread that's what most of us suggested (blanching and shocking - then serving at room temp or reheating on site just before serving) but the question from the OP (original poster) was how to keep it hot and green while delivering it to the client, which is virtually impossible.  
A Taste of Khaleej Caterers or Khaleeji Taste Catering   consider using "A ...." as you will come up alphabetically in ranking.   Can you tell us more about what makes Khaleeji food different from other middle eastern dishes and spicing.   What are the main spices - that also could be used.   For example    Cardamom is used extensively in Yemen - but has another name Yehl (I think)  what are the unique spices used in the cuisine you want to highlight...
so how did the competition go and what did you end up serving.  It's always nice to hear the followup.
Sometimes you do have to say no - getting the right fit between customers and caterers is important on both sides!   And if you are not comfortable or embracing the clients vision then  it sounds like you made the right decision.   Thanks PetalsandCoco and ChefPi for checking out the blog.  This is my "Exit Strategy" from catering - not that I am ready to give up catering yet but as you get older ... well let's just say, like sports, catering is a young person's game...
here's a red carpet style event I blogged about recently.     It was a blow out Bar Mitzvah in a restored theatre in New Jersey.    complete with Paparazzi and police cars to simulate the experience. This was not a budget event (nor was I the caterer, just the catering photographer in this case)   http://caterbuzz.blogspot.com/2012/03/encore-catering-nj-bar-mitzvah-party.html   check it out - super cool theme!