or Connect

Posts by tigerwoman

we made a new flavor last weekend using pumpkin (canned puree but of course fresh puree would substitute), peanut butter, curry powder, maple agave syrup for a touch a sweetness - dark pure palm sugar or natural sugar would substitute here,  and it was wildly popular.  here's the ingredients, the procedure is like any other hummous.  I would guess you could leave out the tahani or make your own using sesame oil and ground sesame seeds.     Curry Pumpkin...
so today we prepped three kinds of hummous for a Large Fun Purim Event we have this Saturday where we get to do whatever we create.  It's really a cool holiday - the Jewish holiday where you are mandated to get drunk and have fun.  Sort of a cross between Mardi Gras, Halloween and Carnivale with costumes, beads, noisemakers, wine, food and of course hamantaschen - the triangular shaped fruit (usually) filled cookies.     Roasted Beet Hummous - gorgeous vibrant color...
I am having visions of platters being placed under old school huge hairdryers like the blue set ladies would have sat under but my mind has been on retro lately.   I also like the curls them and perhaps some manq. heads - once saw a crudite skewered into a maniquins head - very cool concept.  Could also do hats with food on them.  Get one of those benerimer Japanese veggie cutters to make nests of carrots and diakon to assimilate hair without being too realistic...
If you are still in Barca - go visit my friends Gloria and her husband who own Lis Pere Camps Xchocolatiers in Barcelona, Spain. Delicious amazing small shop.  Tell Gloria that Lisa from NYC says a big hello.  Try their chocolate bar with candied orange peel. I wish I had bought more of just the candied orange.  Sweets are allowed. Their cakes and cookies are amazing too....
have you tries freezing the wonton before frying so that the marscapone defrosts and will be warm but not boiling and runny?  test it of course.  It might affect the texture adversely.
garlic + blood marmalade apple chutney pear and fig jam roasted garlic straight up   candied nuts or salt and pepper nuts   sundried tomato, garlic, parmesan + balsamic = sundried tomato tapenade   apples sauteed in butter with fresh sage = apple goo   rosemary brown sugar shortbreads   fresh honey comb - outstanding with cheese   musto -  grape must - sort of like a reduced balsamic without the vinegar element.  Both the Italians and Greeks...
that just makes my mouth water.  Any chance you would share some family recipes?    
Saveur Magazine is looking for an intern for  months in their NYC test kitchen   http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/fbh/2786897603.html
have you looked into Sullivan University's Catering Degree - located in Louisville, Kentucky - they run an impressive culinary program and offer a catering degree -one of few if not the only one who offer the catering speciality.  I absolutely agree that you should work hands on in a catering company before starting your own - maybe even before investing in the expensive formal education process.        
comfort food in both savory and sweet versions continue to be tres popular. On another catering forum we've seen alot of cool photos of smore stations from graham crackers clipped with a clothspin dipped in chocolate then marshmellow fluff and torched in front of the clients to stations such as yours using river rocks, or glass marbles in chafing pans with sterno for the guests to toast their creations. One creative caterer in Texas showed us a version of a smore station...