or Connect

Posts by tigerwoman

I am in NYC and do events that range from $8 a head to $300 a head - as always with catering it depends. I take that back - the most expensive catering per head (not per event) was last years valentines dinner for two at $650 per guest but of course that included food, labor, rentals and at the end of the day it was only $1,300 so I've made better profit on events for $8 per guest at 500 guests...  That only takes the point further.   It depends on how much labor...
@Bellacucina   what sort of price do you get for the pharma breakfasts and lunches you are describing? food, delivery, drinks etc.?
★Merry Christmas★ 。* 。*FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS!! ° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚★ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。★ ˚ ˛ •˛•*/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛★ 。* 。*★ 。* 。* ˚ ˛ •˛•| 田田|門| ˚...And a happy healthy and prosperous new year!
deep fry. Pot of oil or we use table top domestic fryers. Think frydaddy. Skewer finished fried popp. Oh a turkey fryer would work too. Advantage of these fryers vs pot of oil is the thermostate
Hi Julie   we make our mac and cheese with lots of good gooey cheese, then take half the mixture and pulse it in the cuisinart (when cool duh) and blend with unprocessed portion,  roll into balls and coat with panko and freeze.   Fry from frozen and skewer or use real lollipop sticks (Michaels is a good source if you don't need alot of them they sell in packages of 50 or 100)     They do have a tendency to slide down the  bamboo skewers so try not to pierce all...
lunch on demand...   at your service .. a lunch delivery business   ring and bring lunch delivery   need lunch? we deliver   we deliver good food  
we did small plates (9 inch bamboo "disposables" of cheese for the red white and blues event over 4th of July weekend in Mendocino California  (see red white and blues blog post on www.caterbuzz.blogspot.com) and not much was eaten as within 15 minutes they were melted and unappetizing looking.  Of course there were alot of other options too but I felt the cheese mostly ended up in the garbage
sugar and spice GF goodies
costco is now selling dansko backed clogs for $69.  got all my industry friends excited when I posted a photo on facebook.
anyone going to the ICA's (International Catering Association) Chefs Council symposium in a few weeks (August 8-11) at Sullivan University in Louisville Kentucky?   Full disclosure, my executive chef and hubby is teaching a  breakfast hors d'oeuvres and alternative class at CaterArts and I will be blogging the conference,  because we have found the experience to be a great way of networking with peers, seeing what's going on around the country and all this in a...