or Connect

Posts by tigerwoman

I remember one summer when I was a pastry chef on fire island it was so hot in my corner that I started whipping cream in the kichenaid and midway through the whip it curdled.  This summer is one of those summers - nationwide and globably too - just saw a message from a friend near Istanbul (on the cute little islands which are the summer retreats) that it was blazing hot there too.  Even the UK is having a heat wave I think.   One does definitely have to plan for...
well this article by the New York Times (NYT) lamblasts the poor silly boy (that's my nice way of saying what an idiot I think he is) for impropriety in taking food and services from his chef  buddies and not fully disclosing both the relationship and the gift.   Unfortunately it does not speak to the tsunami fury he unleashed within our beloved catering industry.  It will be interesting to see the articles that follow in industry publications - we are considering...
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/archives/2010/06/further_ozersky.php     seems that joshie boy ozersky the culinary trend spotter and "food critic" whose article in Time Magazine unleashed a tsunami of negative responses to his blantant misrepresentation of the catering and wedding industry and to his lack of disclosure about his relationships with the chefs that provided the food for his wedding. He even got "spanked with a wet noodle and sent to the...
congratulations to Kevin he finally capatalized on Katrina..   and named his new daughter thus..   welcome baby Katrina
shroom  could you share the recipes for      sweet & sour eggplant with raisins/pinenuts and eggplant/pepper/leek/onion/pumpkin seed/feta whole wheat crust quiche especially the whole wheat crust
let me preface this by saying that we each have our own path and direction we want and need to go in. that being said, I have always found it hard to phathom how being a personal chef without morphing into bigger catering jobs can be profitable enough given the numbers. let me explain   on valentines day we did a small catering job for a good client dinner for two in their home, 5-6 courses - plus hors d'oeuvres, chef and waiter (it really could have been...
@Jay - while I agree that paul prudhomme is a genuine NOLA source, you might want to check out uptown kevin and his various blogs - he's also a real NOLA deal - born and raised - weaned on crawfish so to speak and he's a caterer - so from a caterers perspective it's a gold mine to be able to network on sites like these and others on facebook etc with colleagues who are homegrown experts (trust me I have actually gotten workable recipes, techniques and tips from Kevin and...
 thank you for sharing the detailed menu and method.  would you be so kind as to post the rest of the photos individually that are hard to see in the group shot and if you are willing also to share the detailed print outs that we can see in the photos that would be valuable for those of us who might be interested in implementing a similar system when we make our "plan of attack" for each event.great sharing.  you should cross post this in the catering forum too - where are...
 a really talented and incredible artist who has competed nationally and is actually in your neck of the woods is ched ray duey.  contact him via info here http://www.wearechefs.com/profile/RayLDueyCEC  or keep googling his name to find current contacts.  He is very talented and a sweetheart to boot.  
 try contacting Chef Eric Levine and owner Lisa Epstein at Encore Catering in E Hanover NJ  - they do high end off prem events.  They're in Vegas right now for the Catersource Convention but will be back next week. Merrimakers is another high end NJ caterer - also check on the ICA - International Catering Associations website for other NJ caterers.