or Connect

Posts by gus20

Thanks for answering. I always loved this forum. Its so interesting. I wonder if there are some people in the forum who are nutritionists or culinologists or food scientists. Because I would like to study a career related to food......I like food, hehe. I have always thought of investigating about coffee, I love it and I would like to have a coffee shop,,,a coffee restaurant,,,,,,,,I like wines, too. If somebody could give me an advice I would appreciate it. Thanks! Gus
Yes,,,,,,,I remember when I bought the CIA's books when I was in Peru and I said: stick of butter???? cup of sugar? spoon of sugar????,,,,,Thats a disadvantage in the states,,,. Grams,,,,,kgs,,,,,,,,thats very easy and fast,specially for pastry. Thanks for all your answers. Hugs! Gus
Hello my friends!!!! I would liek to know what magazines could you suggest me??? I find many of them in the bookstores but most of them have propaganda. I was reading one : food and wine today,,,not so bad. I would like to read magazines where I can learn about food culture,,,,,new things,,,,,,sometimes there are magazines that dont appear very often. If you suggest me some of them I would appreciate it. Thanks! Gus
Hello, how are you? I havent said hello for a while and I apologize. This is Gustavo from Peru. I am a graduated from le cordon bleu -Peru. I used to work like a cook for a while after I left the business school. And cooking was ok,,but I never loved cooking professionally and I realized it was not for me. So I had to work and decided to work like a server. Yeah , a server,,,,,I know cooks hate servers. My chef at school used to insult them and tell them they were...
I will try that. And about working with people I love it, thats why I tryed to work as a waiter, too. Working with people can be very interesting and you can feel you can help. Thanks, I will read about cupping, too. Thanks Gustavo
Hello, Im very interested in taking coffee classes, learn to taste it as the same way people do with wine. a coffee sommelier? I have watched some programs on tv as they are amazing and I love coffee. I would like to develope a carreer in that as well I have a culinary background but I love nutrition, sciences. Do u know where I can start? where Can I take classes? Any advice? How to dveelope that profession? Thanbks so much, Im in NYC if you have anyquestion about...
Hello everybody! This is Gustavo, a peruvian guy. I am in NYC now and I would like to take classes about coffee, like tasting coffee. I am not very interested in wine, but coffee drives me crazy. I would like to learn everything about it,,,,,tasting, studying the process and be a professional in this item. I have seen programs in tv and how some professionals tatse it. What could I do for starting this? Any idea? Where could I take classes? Thanks so much!!!!!! Hugs, if...
Hola!!!!!!! Thanks for your big pieces of advice!!!!! Thye really cheer me up so much. Of course I already snet you a private message. I hope we can meet us. Writting about food in a peruvian newspaper is a good idea.!!!!! Regards Gustavo
Hello! Chupe its a really delicious soup. I will give you the recipe of Shrimps chupe. You need to brown some choped onions in a pot with oil, some garlic, and some tomatoes concasse, if you can brown 1 spoon of aji panca, that is one kind of peruvian chili, if you dont have it paprika is enough. After add fumet, about 4 cups. Add 1 cup of rice, "zapallo", that is one kind of pumkin, some beans, some fresh corn in pieces, peeled potatoes in pieces, and I tell you if...
Hi!!!!!! How are you doing. It is Gustavo from Peru. I was out of cheftalk for a while but I am back. I got a job for working In Montana for the winter season. I came to NYC for visiting my relatives and decided stay some months like an student. I worked hard in3 places for the winter season and I can say I love food but would like to work doing something else. A food critic would be a dream,,,,,,and work with food for supermarkets, too. I see a lot of pre-made food...