or Connect

Posts by Mandarin25

Hey! Dont bash all of Canada! I am very strict about food hitting the floor, the way I look at it, if they are dropping that much meat on the floor that it affects your cost, then maybe the way that they are transporting it from station to station needs to be looked at, or maybe they need to be fired... because clearly they dont belong in a kitchen if they are constantly dropping food... Just my opinion.
Can someone tell me why common sense doesnt exist in the kitchen scene anymore??? I dont know how many times I have gotten phonecalls for the most stupid questions where as if they had taken 5 minutes truly to think about it, then maybe they could have come up with an answer themselves instead of bugging me when I am bogged down with doing my own job and usually some of theres because they are incapable of getting their stuff done on time. The thing that bugs me even...
Thanks so much, that kind of gives me an idea of how it works.
I wrote my papers last wednesday, and should be finding out this week if I passed my test. Im a little nervous, I know the red seal is just a piece of paper, but I failed it the first two times by 1 %. I do have another question though, for those of you who have worked out of province, and country, across seas etc... How did you set up a job, and housing, especially for Europe, new york? did you travel with family, or alone? Any information on how to obtain some...
Just wondering if someone can help me out with this, I feel like I have been endlessly searching for information on this, and I can never seem to find it. When you have a home made dressing with fresh ingredients, and no preservatives, is there a way to bottle it so it lasts a little longer, and so that someone can make it through most of the bottle before it goes bad? I have been told I should bottle my dressings, but that is the only thing stopping me from trying to...
I dont recall if it was nantua that was on the test, I do remember that one of the options for the multiple choice was pickles, but thats all I remember, Like i said before, I am a great chef, I am just horrible at multiple choice questions because I second guess myself all the time, I think something is right, but under pressure I tend to lose sight of what I need, and pick something else. Thank you for your advice on the test, I appreciate it, I still don't...
you need 70% to pass, I got 69% both times, I cant remember the sauce to be honest, thats how obscure it is, although my old chef told me that there is a sauce to watch for on the test, I cant remember what he called it, but it involves crayfish shells, and I think that might be the one. This could be an interesting rewrite, after I had my daughter I have had no memory left, I hate that this piece of paper matters so much to some when really, I could be really book...
I have failed twice both by 1% each time, and apparently switched a bunch of answers around cause the breakdown was different everywhere, I am writing it for the third time, and also would appreciate if someone knows where i can get a practice exam. there was one sauce on the test that I had never heard of, and I looked up in my book couldnt find it... it wasnt a base sauce, or a small sauce off the base sauces, it was rediculous.