or Connect

Posts by GAC101

Hi Eko, do you speak and understand Mandarin Chinese?
Diane, to be honest, the cost quoted on your website seems high for just 2 weeks of instructions. One of the reasons why I would've liked to attend a cooking school in China is to learn authentic Chinese cooking on the cheap. I'm not sure how much you can learn in 2 weeks... granted they can be highly intensive, but for someone like me who loves Sichuan cuisine but never cooked it, I would like to spend more time learning about it. As I looked up on their website, the...
Hey Diane, I've came across the Sichuan Institute of Higher Cuisine on the internet as well. As I'm fluent in Chinese, I googled up the more reputable cooking schools in China with Chinese characters and Viola, there are a ton of them. As I'm a big fan of Sichuan cuisine, Sichuan Institute of Higher Cuisine seems like the perfect fit. From their webiste, I was able to find out that the school offers a 3 months cook training program for about $USD400 (tuition), definitely a...
Hi Jtobin625 & Houndface, I started out by emailing them too a couple of months ago, no words really. So I just shell out the $70 to apply as a transfer student, my application is now being reviewed. Since I already have a bachelor degree, I guess alot of the liberal arts classes will be waived. I think I would be able to take the Culinary Arts I class after a class or two, something like the Intro to Food, Beverage & Restaurant Operations, that's the Pre-req to the other...
My business degree did not teach me how to cook. The Hospitality Program I mentioned has some culinary arts and pastry arts classes embedded in it and is a whole lot cheaper than FCI. Therefore, I'm asking about the quality of this program specifically the quality of the culinary arts/pastry arts classes. I do not necessarily have to get the degree, I just want to get some good/basic cooking skills under my belt before I go get some real life experience in a restaurant...
Hi all, I'm a 24 y.o. thinking of attending a culinary school part time so I can work during the day to pay for it. I looked it at FCI, but its $37K is not something I can afford at this time. CUNY City Tech has an associate degree progam as well as a bachelor degree progam in Hospitality Management. It's much less expensive than FCI since I'll be paying the in-state tuition. So my question is has anyone heard of this program? Will their training on culinary arts be...