or Connect

Posts by Doe965

I actually heard of that solution. I cleaned out the oven after Christmas. I was surprised at the difference in temperature.  I have made a few more cakes to test the theory. It seems to work. I'll make some more and give you my finally comments.
Congratulations Winners
Personally I love Pups n' Peeps.  
I am looking forward to making this this weekend.
Ok here is the recipe   1/2 c butter 2 eggs 1 c sour cream 1 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp cinnamon 3/4 c sugar 1 tsp vanilla 1/4 tsp salt 1 1/2 c flour   Bake 60 min 350      
I have adjusted the temp from 350 to 325 since it was running a little hot.  I don't think I am over mixing. Is 90 secs too long?
I have a coffee cake recipe that I have been making for about 4 years.  Recently when I am making it the cake is breaking into thre pieces.  While it is baking , I see it cracking on the top.  So I have purchased new baking powder and soda, fresh butter and cake flour. My eggs are room temp before I add them to my butter and sugar.   When I add my dry goods I mix it for 90 secs.  I am stumped as to what could be causing the cakes to crack.  Any...
Lol.. I'll clarify. I sell coffee cakes and a "friend" said that I should use a mold inhibitor so the cakes will stay freash longer.  Personally, I would just rather bake new ones. The information said it was good for candy and pastries, however, I do not think they meant for cakes.
Does anyone know if mold inhibitors are good for cakes?  If it is does it change the taste of the cake?     Dori
Gypsy,Even though I agree with you about supplementing education at home, I think we need to hold our teachers to a higher standard. My son attends public school due to his need for speech therapy.  I find it very frustrating that I have to correct his teacher's instructions for his homework. For example, they were studying about bats, part of his homework was to identify parts of the bat and write a few sentences about bats.  The portion regarding the sentences said to...