or Connect

Posts by reedux

anyone know if the logo is etched or engraved?  if etched, with some elbow grease, can it be carefully sanded/polished away?  The knife seems like a great value, but I got problems with that frumpy lookin' logo.  thanks!
nshields,   some canisters for the iwatani (at least in my experience) are somewhat hit and miss.  some brands work a lot better than others.  i've come across a couple brands that started spurting, and another that didn't even release gas.  poor quality canisters?  who knows.    it's pretty straightforward attaching a canister, you simply press down and twist.  i doubt it has anything to do with you attaching it incorrectly.    you can easily find a small bulk...
First off, Happy New Year Chefs!  I have a set of Tramontina's full clad tri-ply.  Everytime I use the fry pans I end up with scorches on the outside edges.  The base always cleans up easy, but the edges scorches no fail, and it's a pain to clean.  I'll clean them up with some barkeepers, get them looking like new, the second I use them again, blam!, scorches again.  Coming from using castiron pans for everything, stainless steel cookware is very new to me.    So,...
which mac knife are we talking about? the mac pro?
yes it the same kasumi 8" chef knife you can find at cutleryandmore. my price range is also in that ballpark, although where I'd be purchasing it, it's more like $130. my knife skills are pretty advance, I'm no professional, but a very avid cook, and I could slice and dice through vegetables fairly quickly. I would be honing it, and sharpening it on whetstones. basically, im just looking for a new japanese knife to play with. i've looked at tojiro dps, macs, and a...
thanks for the tip, but the shape of the handle and dimpled grip really ticks me off. plus, it's not all that much cheaper than the Kasumi. I also want the eyecandy of damascus.
I've been eyeballing the Kasumi 8" knife for a quite a while now. Something about the handle, and bolster and shape of the knife that I find super sexy. My question to you is, do you think it's money badly spent? I already have a wusthof santoku, and a henckel chef knife, the henckel i could give to a family member or something. i've done a fair amount of research, but you fellas far and away no loads more than i do. what other damascus should i be looking at. I'd...