or Connect

Posts by butzy

Mushroom ragout (roux?) on homemade bread: Real comfort food.....   Chives, spring onions, a little garlic and mushrooms   Everything is better wit a little bacon :) Fried it, then removed from the pan and cut into small pieces   Fried the spring onion, garlic and mushroom in the bacon fat   Milk and all purpose flour   Added the flour to the mixture, fried it a little and then added milk till I liked the consistency   And ate it on some toasted...
Green asparagus and fried potatoes. No sauce for the asparagus as they were very very fresh (and I wasn't that hungry)
Some pictures:     Its all the same loaf, just playing around with composition
Pizza: I made a dough of half wholewheat and half bread flour, 3 cups in total. 1 cup water, some instant yeast, salt, mixed herbs and olive oil. Knead it for a while and wasn't happy with it when I looked at it about 1.5 hours later, so knead it properly and let it rest. Divided it in 2 after 1.5 hours and let it rest a bit more (I had a bread in the oven at that time).   I rolled out the dough very thinly and waited for my bread to be finished.   I don't have a...
Finally got around to making another loaf and weighing the ingredients. The percentage water works out at 85%, so pretty high indeed. Because of the wet dough, its pretty difficult to judge what state it is in as it stays very sticky. Anyway, it is in the oven now. Pictures to follow....
Thanks @Jaynna, but this is actually one of the wettest doughs I have ever used. As I said: I don't like amounts in cups etc, so will weigh the flour next time and work out the bakers percentages.   The dough rises beautifully inside the bowls, hence my idea that I probably let it rise a bit too long and/or at too high a temperature, which in essence has the same effect.   What amount of time does anyone else let the dough rise and at what temperatures?   Don't get...
Stunning! Sounds like you had a good holiday.....
Nope, I preheated  the oven with the pots & lids in there. Once the oven got hot enough, I took the pots out, put the dough in and put it straight back into the oven and then baked for 30-25 minutes with lid on and another 30 with the lid off. Sorry if that wasn't clear
I made another batch of no-knead bread yesterday (I got a big oven, so it doesn't make sense to do only one) The ingredients: 6 cups flour (I used 5 bread and 1 wholewheat. I ran out of all purpose) 3 cups water 7 gram salt (the rest will also become grammes pretty soon as I don't particularly like imperial measurements) 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast   As said in a post above: I basically doubled a recipe given in the "what's for dinner" thread, without increasing the...
Looks nice @teamfat: I never got any further than lasagna sheets. I do have an attachment for the pasta thingymething, so maybe I should try it for this challenge.   I made another batch of no-knead bread yesterday and just ate it as is, well. with a piece of smoked chicken, that is. I think they came out reasonable OK (I'll post some more details in the no-knead bread thread)