or Connect

Posts by butzy

Thanks guys, I thought it wouldn't do much harm as long as you cook with it, so just this morning, I threw a tub of each in the freezer. I will let you know how it works out.
I use quarry stones in the oven instead of a proper pizza stone. It works. I totally agree with keeping toppings to a minimum. Too much makes the pizza soggy.   I found this video class by Peter Reinhart (free) very helpful as well: http://www.craftsy.com/class/perfect-pizza-at-home/186?_ct=sbqii-sqjuweho-dum&_ctp=1&rceId=1448171510014~gysi3rmp
Well, obviously you can freeze it, but is it still good to use after it has been frozen? I am asking because these products are not always available, so when they are, I would like to buy them in bulk and freeze
Looks good!
I did make a mistake with the first one in not heating up the stone long enough. I waited sufficiently long for the second to be up to temperature. I have been looking for terra cotta pots (to make a tandoor, but that's a different story) but can't find them. Always a problem here with finding stuff that is so easy to get elsewhere. I used quite a wet dough (which included some instant yeast and sourdough starter, mixed herbs and garlic) that rested for about 24 hours in...
  Just some soup made out of all kind of stuff that needed to be used before going off: Leek, green beans, tomato with lemon grass, ginger, coconut milk, chili's, lime leaves, lime juice and fish sauce. Topped with some fresh basil.
I have been trying my hands on making pizza a couple of times. Not always perfect, but most often very edible. I have been making them on a flipped over oven tray and sometimes on a cast iron hot plate (if I use my big gas oven). The little electrical one gets hotter so I prefer to use that one. I have been looking for a pizza stone for quite a long time, but never found one. Then I found a place that sells quarry tiles, so I decided to use those. I placed them inside...
I can't believe I have missed the last entries on this thread....   Santen is more used in the Indonesian/Malaysian kitchen than in Thai cooking. I quite like it, but use it sparingly.   I have used the coconut powder as well. Easy to use, but I prefer the tins. Even here I can get coconut milk and cream in cans. Hard to believe that it would be difficult elsewhere   The best thing is fresh coconut milk, but even if I could get a good supply of coconuts, I would be...
a glass of milk and a couple of cups of tea
Thanks @phatch I have read a couple of articles about different surfaces to cook on on serious eats (http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/06/the-best-surface-for-baking-pizza-finale-slideshow.html) Then yesterday, when I was in town, I found some quarry tiles and I decided to buy some. They are cheap anyway (about .4 U$ per tile). Now I need to give them a good clean and try them out. I may have to carefully break some to fill the oven space properly (I use quite...