or Connect

Posts by butzy

I make some with shortcrust pastry bottom and side (blind baked) and top with puff pastry. They freeze and reheat well (although it takes quite long).   But I like the ones with just the top as well as quite often the amount of pastry is a bit too much for me.   Good luck and that pie you showed us on the picture looks delicious!
Yeah, cornichons or pickled cucumbers are a must! I quite like asparagus esp with ham. All kind of pickles go well with it in my opinion.   Also some mustard and maybe a bit of chili paste. Devilled eggs maybe (eggs mimosa)?
I like the look of that platter!   Deli cheese rolled into meat, doesn't sound good to me. But then, I don't like cheese, so would much rather have a nice salami/meat platter with some pickles. The cheese on another platter so I don't need to chase that platter
And it is rosbief in dutch, pronounced exactly the same as in french
 My dog Guinness is not amused..........
Thanks, The 10 ltr ones are going to be too heavy for me to import, so I will go for some food safe buckets for now (with a waterlock). And maybe a little baby crock, just because they look so cute
Talking crock pots etc: What size would you figure is a good size to get just for 1 or 2 people? Just for some sauerkraut and the occasional pickle?
some stew of yesterday (in big amounts) Doesn't count for the competition as I was only partly involved in the cooking Beef stew   Chicken stew     The team of helpers :) No ways I can lift those pots
Hey Jake, I didn't see your post till today. I agree with the others in that there are many different ways and I suppose most of us wing it a bit as the chili's differ in heat during the season. A favourite of mine is Sambal and again there are different ways from a "simple" sambal ulek, which is just crushed red chili's with salt to all different ones.   Lemme give you a link for some recipes: www.asiancook.eu/indonesian/sambalans (it seems to be down at the moment,...
@Pete A bit belated thank you for the extra details about making sour pickles, esp what to look out for. And of course to all other posters. I would not even have considered making tem without this thread.   Other thna that I can relate very much to @chefwriter as I was intending to do cucumber sour pickles for the first time and somehow there were not enough hours in a day and my cucumbers will end up on the compost heap......   I will persevere and give it a try in...