or Connect

Posts by butzy

I had this great idea of doing a pizza calzone, with a runny egg on the inside. BUT I messed it up completely. The left over yeast (instant) from last week refused to do its job and I ended up with more like a huge empanada with hard boiled egg inside (as the dough took to long to set, even though the oven temperature was high enough at close to 250 oC). It was still tasty though.        
Some old pictures (been a bit busy the last couple of days, just did a 400+ round trip through the Zambezi national park by boat. Awesome )   Some different quiches     Scrambled egg with bacon, tomato and chives (and lots of black pepper)   Rijsttafel on a plate. I normally do eggs in peanut sauce, but decided to go for eggs in sour tomato sauce t
Rice cooked with turmeric, served with smoked egg and sausage fry-up (smoked sausage, garlic, tomato and sweet corn), & sour cream
Slowly and at low heat.   Are you going to make it on the barbecue, inside a smoker or in the oven?
@ordo, marbled eggs was the next thing on my list. You beat me to it....
I boil the eggs, then crack the shells and just put them on the smoker at any place that's free. Nothing difficult or fancy about it, but tasty all together!
smoked eggs, nothing much to show though except for an egg with a cracked outer shell lying at the top level of my smoker. They are delicious though, just plain with a bit of coarse salt.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian chicken soup. A picture of 2 or 3 months ago: Boiled eggs, boiled potato (not visible) with chives   With the broth added to it and chopped fresh coriander, and for the second bowl I used a different presentation: At least now you can see the eggs!  
Sausages, you can use  every sausage recipe and stuff or don't stuff, Kebabs, You can use minced meat to make croquettes or bitterballen. Stir fries, stews and everything already said in the posts above. Use it for fried rice, fried noodles, make into balls and use into soup......
Here is my version of an uitsmijter (Chrisbelgium has already done one, but what the heck....)   2 slices of homemade bread   covered (well not fully) with hickory ham and sliced tomato and carrot pickle to the side (I would have used cucumber pickle but ran out)   And topped with a fried egg