or Connect

Posts by butzy

Congrats @Peachcreek Well done. Looking forward to the next challenge
I had some avocado left over that I made into quacamole (with onion, garlic, tomato, lime juice, chili and corander leaves). Fried some home made bacon that was still lying around Heated a wholewheat tortilla and had a tasty wrap        
This is my kind of challenge and yet, I haven't posted anything yet.   So yesterday, I used a butternut, that was left over from last month's challenge and made a spicy butternut soup. And then I forgot to take pictures, except for one I call it "soup in progress"   I fried onions, red curry paste, ginger and extra garlic Added potatoes that needed finishing and butternut and cooked it in coconut milk. Then added kaffir lime leaves (that's the green stuff) and...
I like kidney beans, but I find there to be a big texture difference between the canned and dried. I way prefer them when starting from scratch. Maybe try them that way and see if you like them better? You can actually do a big batch and then freeze in portions. Otherwise, maybe go a total different route and go for chickpeas or black eyed peas?
Some good looking left over dishes!   I have been away for a bit, just camping and chilling (and fishing and game viewing). There weren't a lot of left overs, as my friend loves to eat !   I didn;t take many food pics either, but I will be back.....   Maybe I should use left over mung beans ?????
I agree with you Koukou, I think some people don't realise cooking doesn't need to take much time (although it can...)
I can only get "oyster" brand. It's OK. I went to Vietnam a couple of years ago and their fish sauce was amazing! But you were not allowed to take it on the plane, otherwise I would have bought plenty.   I am a big fish sauce fan
Good Plan
@rpooley: Congratulations.... A well deserved win
Looking good!   I woke up this morning, looked at my butternut squash still lying there, and realised is was 1 November. AAARRRRGGHHH, too late...   Good luck with trying to choose a winner !!!