Posts by butzy

@Cat Gutierrez:   It is only the professional section that you are not supposed to post in. All other sections are fine, and your input here was valuable!   I like posting in the general food and cooking sections as there is a lot of knowledge in there (and I don't consider myself a professional cook as my place is just a small, laid back place )
I had some left over beef ribs from the bbq, Some egg plant that needed to be used Some tomatoes in the same position.....   And went for some fusion dish.....   Cut the ribs in pieces, was in competition with my dogs about the bones (love tearing the meat of it with my teeth) Fried onions Added egg plant Added a can of coconut milk Some home made madam Jeante-tomato chili Garlic Tomatoes Fish sauce Dash of vinegar Kaffir lime leaves and when the eggplant...
Sweet. He looks so cute....     My beloved Guinnes got killed by a black mamba in February. So sad...   I picked up this one about 6 moths ago from a family that moved out of the country:
Finally made my way to the shops and squash season seems to be over.... The gem squash were looking old and yellowish, there was no pumpkin, so I had to go for butternut.... Now I need to decide what to do with it. I was thinking of doing something on the BBQ, but it is way above 40 oC here (between 100 and 110 F for the metrically challenged), so I may have to rethink this. Ah, decisions, decisions......
You can try www.craftsy.com They have a couple of free classes (one by Peter Reinhart, about Pizza) and several others. They run specials on a regular base, so maybe sign up for a free class, get on the mailing list and wait for the discounted priices)
I don't remove the membrame... Maybe I am unique, but I actually like to tear it of with my teeth when eating the grilled ribs   I grill them on an open grill and just keep moving them as I see fit (I will have an unlit section to move them to, when needs be). No idea about temperature though, and I don't foil either.   I like a marinade with ketjap (sweet soy), chili, ginger and garlic and I keep basting while cooking. I have also done sweet sticky ones (peach or...
Stir fried noodles.... Can't get easier and faster than that
@French Fries: did you notice the google translation wants you to use crocus flower.......   At least you are using saffron
There is nothing wrong with a bit of silicium every now and again.....   If you use a scouring pad to clean, you will be sort of sanding the thing. This will create dust. Your better bet is to rinse it in hot water, maybe a couple of times. Just use your hands or a dishwashing brush and dry it out. At least that's what I do and it seems to work fine.
@foody518 :  spicy and s pour potato shreds sounds interesting. Can you give me the recipe?