Posts by butzy

That's a very difficult question as there are just too many types of curries! Not all curries are hot. Not all curries are Indian. Northern Indian curries are a lot milder than Southern Indian curries (this actually seems so in most cases, the food in the North of the country being milder than in the South of the country)   I think the only way to find out is to try and find the place back where you had your first curry and order it again (and ask the chef fot its...
That's a very difficult question as there are just too many types of curries! Not all curries are hot. Not all curries are Indian. Northern Indian curries are a lot milder than Southern Indian curries (this actually seems so in most cases, the food in the North of the country being milder than in the South of the country)   I think the only way to find out is to try and find the place back where you had your first curry and order it again (and ask the chef fot its...
I had a bit of a laugh reading through this thread   For me (Northern European) a barbecue is something that you fill up with charcoal and cook on. So barbecueing applies to everything cooked on a barbecue, regardless of the temperature. Grilling is what you do in the oven, on the highest heat.   Then I started reading some of the BBQ fora and the terminology there is definitely different. So depending on who I talk to, I will adjust my terminology, so it is clear...
So far I have dried some and some others were cold smoked and dried. I cold smoked because I can;t control the temperature with hot/warm smoking and was afraid it might be too high.   I made some sambal as well.   These things are extremely hot. Think habanero heat and up, so a little goes a long way. I got through about 30 of them and they are still coming.....
Our labour day is on 1 May, so definitely not sure what I am going to eat by then   Hopefully I have time to do some beef ribs on the bbq this weekend
Congratulations @morning glory   Your shepard's pie looked very tasty.   My manager should be back tomorrow, so hopefully I can compete in the coming challenge!
thanks Mimi,   This was yesterday: Pasta with ground beef, yellow pepper, onion, eggplant, garlic, smoked chili and chives   And ate the leftovers today, re-fried with cashew nuts, chili bean paste and sherry, which made it into a Chinese meal  
Welcome to the forum
Only now had time to download some pictures: This was my fake tortilla-taco meal  
Welcome back @ChrisLehrer