or Connect

Posts by butzy

@teamfat, I will post a couple of good links when i have access to my proper computer, probably the day after tomorrow
@gene you are totally correct! it is boerewors. pretty good powers of deduction
@teamfat You are awfully close. I thought that by leaving out the casing I would wrong-foot all of you, but no such luck.....   But: what type of sausage?
It's been very busy over Easter and I had promised some friends to do a rijsttafel for them, so tired as I was, I spend Easter Tuesday cooking up a storm   The result: From the top, clockwise: ajam paniki (chicken) daging smoor (beef) terong asin (slightly sour eggplant) zoetzure kool (sweet and sour cabbage) babi rudjak (pork) telor belado (eggs in spicy tomato sauce)   And no picture of the satay and satay sauce
A savoury one again:   red wine and/or brandy beef pork coriander clove nutmeg pepper vinegar
It's standard fare at the snack bars and especially pubs in the Netherlands They can be deep fried from frozen and are traditionally served with some mild mustard (like a Dijon mustard)
Me?   I don't have a sweet tooth, and I frankly wouldn't have had an idea..... BUT because you think I do, it got to be from my neck of the woods and the only sweet dish / dessert I know is Malva pudding... Is that it?
@teamfat: Looks good!   I made bacon the other day and cured with juniper, bay and pepper (and I cold smoked it). Adding garlic sounds like a great idea.   And it is true, once you have made your own bacon there is no way back. Everything else just doesn't taste good enough!!!
I feel pretty humbled by this thread. So many amazing dishes and ingredients that I never heard of before!   It's been very busy this month, so not many entries from my side, but I did try my hand on some empanadas and filled them with some left over chicken stew. I am cheating a bit here as this stew was more Indonesian in style than anything, but it does get eaten in Surinam a lot as well. And I added some madam Janette chili's (Surinam yellow) to make sure So I...
That's a tricky one ff! I would also say Indian, but not too familiar with all the names there. Might just have to go to see the menu at the local Indian or leaf through my Indian cookbooks:-) For now I can only come up with aloo-paneer in tomato gravy or chicken tikka masal without chicken, but with paneer, paneer masala?