or Connect

Posts by butzy

Cellotape As soon as you see a stain, put cellotape on it and then rip it off again. The grains will attach themsrlves to the tape. You might have tto do it a couple of times, each time with a clean piece of tape. Other than that, there is only one solution: soak the whole shirt in a turmeric solution and pretend it is the new fashion:-)
I like ordo's suggestion, and it is not really that hard. When I was a youngster, my dad always had a pot full of white rice on the stove (in a steamer). I would get a spoon full of nasi goreng, mixed with one or 2 spoons of white rice, topped with a fried egg and cucumber and a meatball to the side. Over time the amount of white rice got reduced. Obviously any left over white rice was used for the next batch of nasi goreng :-)
I gotta say that I am better at indonesian fried rice (nasi goreng) than its Thai little brother (or sister) :-) For Thai fried rice I would fry some shallots, garlic and chili's. Either all finely chopped or made into a paste. Then add meat if using and whatever vegetable, bit of cabbage, carrots, beans or whatever. Then add the cold rice and fry. Add some fish sauce or soy and a tat of lemon. Or even better: mix the soy or fish sauce with the egg, before adding. You...
I use pepperplate. It's simple and free. I don't really need anything else than they offer. I used bigoven pro for a while but did not like it. I tend to print out my pepperplate recipex and keep them in a file, just in case.....
I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I rather eat starters than deserts, rather savoury than sweet. Yes I am strangeHaving said that, I don't mind cinnamon in sweet dishes, but just don't like sweet things very much Phatch sort of sums up what applies to me as well:"but when it comes to savory, what I like decreases pretty fast"
I've been out of the running for a while, mainly due to our nice summer temperatures, up to 115 F...... I tried to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible!   I have never been a great fan on cinnamon and quite often prefer to leave it out of a recipe (yep, I got weird taste buds), but of late, I am starting to use it a bit.   Here are some pictures from a pho bo I made early this year (in vietnam). Unfortunately only of the prep. Must have been too hungry to make...
That doesn't sound like a bad recipe at all! The bacon is not something I have seen in a lot of recipes, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.   The main ingredient that I see coming back in every boerewors recipe is coriander. The one I normally buy (ashamed to say I am not yet making it myself ) is lightly spiced with coriander, nutmeg and thyme.   Here is the link to a site that has some interesting recipes: http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage%20recipes.htm I like...
@ Siduri, Just to be clear, I didn't mean to use tomato paste instead of tomatoes, but just to fry about 1 or 2 tablespoons of it when frying the onions and garlic and then adding the tomatoes and rest of the ingredients. Just using tomato paste would indeed be terrible! I like both type of sauces, the long simmered, intensely flavoured and the short cooked fresh tomato sauce. Sometimes I add chopped fresh tomato to the long simmered sauce for some freshness!
Without doubt, the favourite sausage around here is boerewors, basically a South African traditional fresh sausage. I haven't tried my hands on that one yet, so far I have made some breakfast sausages, Italian hot sausage, and a Mexican chorizo. All with store bought pork roast, which I cut up, grind and stuff just with the grinder and sausage attachment.   I have just ordered a sausage stuffer and some different sizes grinder plates.....
I would also simmer it longer, or alternatively, reduce the port first. You could also look at adding a tin of tomato puree to the onions and garlic and fry it for a minute or 2 before adding the other ingredients. That should help binding the sauce a bit