or Connect

Posts by butzy

And to complicate things: There are 2 kinds of aioli: One contains egg, garlic and olive oil, and the other only garlic and olive oil. I think the last one is mostly found in Catalonia and is the one I prefer
AND THE WINNER IS:   Well I'll get to that in a moment.... First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their input and we are all winners here!   A couple of entries really stood out to me because of originality and effort: Koukou's pizza crust is one of them, Mise's plating was exceptional, but he got a job already because of this thread, so hat's honour enough Durangojo's bi-colour soups were amazing (but she won't have internet access for a while)   So...
Koukou: What a great idea!   Phatch: That sound like a very nice taco.     I'll be announcing the winner later today, You have all been making it very hard with all those great entries........
@kk Just read the following and you will know why teamfat asked about celery...... http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/seasoningflavoring/a/nitrates.htm
Gene: Nice salad and Kimchi. I have never tried my hands on kimchi, maybe I should!   Chris: Very nice pasta dish! Siduri really hit the jackpot with the cauliflower pasta, didn’t she?   Phatch: I like that casserole! Looks like a great winter dish (but I could eat it in summer as well)   Teamfat: Sounds like you had a good dinner party! Great dishes!   We are hitting high temperatures at the moment, so I am trying to stay out of the kitchen (day time high 43...
K-girl: That's one great pasta dish! I can imagine that being a family favourite!   Teamfat: You are making my mouth water! That Kimchi looks very tasty and that pork....... I like the red cabbage leaves instead of lettuce. It looks beautiful on the plate, and I am sure it must have tasted great!   Durangojo: What an original idea and a beautiful presentation! Awesome!!!!   You guys are going to make it very difficult to pick a winner at the end of the...
What I could eat every day? I'm with K-girl, steamed white rice, but in my case Jasmine rice, accompanied by SE Asian food. It would take me a long time to get tired of that!   What do I eat every day? An apple Milk (only cold and only on its own. I hate milk in coffee or tea) Black tea (well, I don't eat it....) Left overs (at some point during the day )   Sounds pretty boring now I look at it!
Gene: I must be getting old! I need to re-read the smoking thread to check what I said beautiful flambeed dish! I just love to flambe!   R6Zack: Maple and brussels sprouts, interesting combo! What is the pie you had with it?   Chris: Onion, bacon, cabbage always works doesn't it! I would probably add some garlic and maybe chili as well. I know that ham hock is not the thing to judge here, but smoked ham hock..... How can you not like it!
Gene: Beautiful roulades and I agree with the others, that bacon looks stunning. I'll harass you about that in the smoking thread when I got some more time again That flecker dish is using ingredients I wouldn't have thought of pairing, namely pasta and cabbage. Thanks to you and Slayer for the background of the dish as well!   Tracycook: Simple and sounds real appetising   Azzo: those colours are so vibrant! Bacon or pancetta and cabbage go so well...
Mise! Great news! Congratulations   (didn't see it earlier as I am answering page by page due to regular problems with my internet)   Borghut: good to see you entering as well! Turnip greens got a lot of taste by themselves isn't it. They remind me a bit of what they do here instead of spinach: namely cucumber leaves, stripped of their veins. Much mre spice and tasty than spinach!   Ordo: another Asian style dish that really appeals to me   K-girl: nice...