or Connect

Posts by butzy

I just had to make this one   Take some left over pork curry   And some slices of cheap white bread   Find and clean your jaffle iron   Line it with a slice of bread   Add some of the curry (and in this case some fresh basil as well)   Put another slice of bread and close the iron   Remove the pieces of bread that are sticking out   And cook your pie (I was going to do this on open fire, but then decided to try it on the stove)   And get...
I forgot something: Most Thai coconut based curries are actually very thin. This really surprised me when I travelled in Thailand, as I was used to the thicker Indian and Indonesian curries. It was a bit of an eye-opener. Also most Thai curries are quick to make. The meat us normally very finely sliced and there is actually not much of it. But because it is so finely sliced, you still have the taste of meat in every bite! Musaman curry is a definite exception to this (and...
 I hear you, but it is actually not the paste thickening the curry, it is the cooking down of the coconut cream. @phatch actually beat me to the other answer:Make 2 batches or, what I would do:Start of with the batch you were going to make and make 1 seperate batch of just the cream and chili paste and use add that to your original batch to your taste and liking.
Why would the amount of curry paste used be smaller? If you double the amount of coconut milk, then you have to double the amount of curry paste and every other ingredient.
A pie, or a quiche, so maybe a puiche?   Anyway, I used my last pieces of pizza dough (it actually freezes OK).   Below is a mixture of leek, with oyster mushrooms, some bacon and chili, laced with a tot of whiskey and some curry powder. I precooked it, to make sure the leek would be done   I lined a tray with the pizza dough and pre-baked it for a couple of minutes. I should have done this a bit longer, bu just with bottom heat. Added bean sprouts (because I had...
I wouldn't use any flour or so for thickening the curry. It will change the flavour, makes it duller.   I normally wing it. By cooking it longer, the sauce/curry will thicken due to evaporation of the liquid. Obviously, you need to do this without covering the pot. You can always thin the sauce by adding more coconut cream or milk (or water even).   What type of curry are you looking at? Thai or Indian? Vegetable, Chicken, Fish,Beef, Pork?
Thanks for the ideas @Koukouvagia   I first decided to make another pizza. The previous one was the first one ever that I didn't put straight on the oven tray, but on a wooden board first to shove onto the tray once the pizza is dressed. All went fine, so now there is me thinking this is just so easy...   Anyway, I go ahead, preheat the oven, roll out the pizza dough, and prepare the ingredients. For this one I used some sri-racha, cream cheese (stole that idea from...
  Have you thought of simply putting your wok on the bbq?Obviously works best with a flat bottom one, but also works with a round bottom as long as you have a wok stand (or whatever that round thing is called that your wok sits on when cooking on the stove)
  Just a pizza, topped with some basil.   I have a couple of dough balls left and I will have to do something with them. Thinking of trying my hands on a calzone or maybe some total different use of pizza dough....
I am Dutch    Born and raised in the Netherlands. Did all my schooling there as well, worked in NL for a number of years and then decided to see a bit more of the world and forgot to go back