or Connect

Posts by butzy

Just a remark on my own previous post: I feed my starter AP flour, not bread flour. Maybe that's why the pizza dough worked out OK?
I don't know. It worked for me.   Well, at least it was better than the ones I made before. I still have to repeat this (with AP flour) and will also try bread flour and see if I notice a difference.   My starter was very active at the time of mixing in the flour. Don't know if that made a difference.   I will try to make some pictures next time I give this a try and also note the weights (instead of eyeballing as I did)
A bit of an experiment: I think it rates as a salad.   I had some frozen chickpeas and decided to use them   I also had some anchovies that needed finishing   Chopped the tomato and onion, added the anchovies, some yoghurt, balsamic vinegar and black pepper and mixed it all up   I defrosted the chickpeas in boiling water and when warm, added them to the mixture. Topped with some basil and spring onions   Gave it a stir and proceeded eating it (straight...
Thanks @chris.lawrence   I have been experimenting a bit more and came up with one that I quite like. It's roughly equal parts starter and AP flour with some olive oil and salt. Mix into a ball and let rest (I rested it overnight in the fridge) and shape. Bake the dough for about 5 minutes before putting the toppings.   It did rise quite nice and came out pretty good. I liked it.   It's not so much part of a workflow, but it's a pretty easy dough to make and quite...
@Mike9 and @Koukouvagia: I was joking a bit there. Our winter is probably warmer than your summer:-) No snow here ever I have a couple of nice salads in mind, so will be back...
I second millionsknives suggestion. I got some knives into the Netherlands via jck and wasn't charged any taxes either
Will give it a try. Winter here though, so it might just become a side plate....
Well done! Congratulations
I wasn't happy with the pizza dough I did earlier this month, so I did a re-run. Again with sourdough and this time I am a lot happier.   Tomatoes remain the main topping . The finished pizza, and below a slice with some extra basil  
Scrambled eggs with tomatoes (and a bit of bacon)