or Connect

Posts by butzy

I suppose I will need to make some more sourdough bread then! Which reminds me, I need to feed my starter. And since we now have a new challenge, I can start deciding what to eat this coming month. Tonight is going to be homemade sauerkraut mash with rookworst (smoked sausage)........
I grind my own meat, but sometimes buy mince as well. I use hindquarter and off cuts from rump, roughly 75/25% My go to burger contains kecap manis, chili paste, some garlic, egg and breadcrumbs. I like them medium, but unfortunately here everyone prefers well done to overdone.. I like tomato, fried onions and cucumber pickle as toppings
Curious what eastshores will come up with. I was thinking that fast food would be a nice follower of slow cooking (or left overs, or, or, or )
Thanks millionsknives and chicagoterry! I will google it, and if I remember I will post a picture of the kale I am used to in a week or 2 (I will be in Holland by then for a short vist)
Congrats Eastshores! Looking forward to the next challenge!
I think that my attempts at making sourdough bread fall under the slow cooking category. After all, I had to start with making a starter!   Anyway, my first attempt tasted OK, had some holes in the bread, but was very dense (I am still surprised at those holes being there while the bread was so dense)   Pretty happy with my second attempt (longer knead and an extra stretch and fold)  
I don't want to hijack this thread, but it sounds like I got the same problem. The bread turns out very flat and dense (tasty though). To my big surprise I do have a fair number of holes in the bread, but not all over. I have blamed it on insufficient kneading after the autolyse and am in the process of making another loaf. Fingers crossed .....
Chickpeas with mince, garlic, onion, eggplant, and tomato. Could almost be Middle Eastern, except that the mince is pork mince (and obviously I added some chili's as well) Served with sour cream and basil
Thanks @chicagoterry
What's the difference between dinosaur Kale and Curly Kale? I only know curly kale (boerenkool - literal translation is farmer's cabbage)