or Connect

Posts by butzy

Scrambled eggs with tomatoes (and a bit of bacon)     
There are not many rules You can post a pic, no pic, a description of a dish, or simply name the ingredients. It's up to you. Well, not really, it is up to the host of the month's challenge.   I think it has been more or less decided that the dish has to be made in this month.   Could luck with the lasagne & burrito
Pizza for lunch today:   The ingredients: mozarella cheese, other cheese, olive oil, red onion, garlic, anchovies, basil and of course tomatoes: I buy my tomatoes from my neighbours, sun ripened outdoors tomatoes fresh from the field (and fairly cheap)   I used sourdough for base and that definitely still needs some improvement   The finished pizza, with fresh basil from my garden
That looks like something I could have made
Nothing fancy, but somebody has to challenge @teamfat   Cherry tomatoes, fried with some left over spicy sausage, green beans, egg and coriander (leaves). Added some kemiri sambal and fried onions just before eating. Not the nicest plated dish, but tasty anyway     And lentil-tomato soup for lunch today
I have been making sourdough bread for a while now and am pretty happy with the results.   As there is always a bit too much starter I would like to learn how to make a good pizza dough (without adding extra yeast) and if possible integrate that into the bread making progress. I have tried using the starter and going straight to a dough (without making a levain first) but just can't get the consistency right.   Any suggestion as to how to achieve this?   My...
Last Monday was a public holiday. Our weekend guests left quite early, so we took a boat out on the water and found ourselves a nice little sandbank. Unfolded the baby-bbq, lit it and had a beer. Did a bit of fishing, had another beer and then put the marinated chicken on the bbq. They were marinated with coriander root, white pepper, garlic, fish sauce, oyster sauce and a little rock sugar. Had another beer watching the chicken pieces cook. Then 5 elephants crossed...
Eggs: OUT  - Even in the stores they are not refrigerated. Our eggs are not washed   Butter: IN - I don't eat butter on bread and only use it to fry a steak occasionally.   Peanut butter: IN - I only use it to make satay sauce, so it doesn't matter it doesn't spread   Vegetable/Fruit: Mediterranean and Tropical fruit and Veges outside. Although. I got to say, that is in Northern Europe.  In summer, in Africa I tend to store a bit more in the fridge. Bananas stay...
Yeah, I really like the look of that!
There is just something about chicken and BBQ   I was at a friend's house and it was lacking a bit in spices. I made a marinade out of fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ground ginger, turmeric and piri-piri   Got my foldable little braai out of the car   And put some stuff on the fire. I read a recipe somewhere, where they skewer chicken wings to get a larger surface on the fire, so decided to give that a try. Also tried bbq-ed tomato and onion. the tomato sort...