or Connect

Posts by butzy

I managed to get my hands on some good cilantro (with roots) and chives and I since I have a surplus of madam Jeanette chili's (close to scothc bonnet) I decided to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken. There seem to be hundreds of different recipes for it. I made the marinade out of: Madame Jeanette chili's, garlic, cilantro (with roots),  chives, fresh ginger, dried thyme and marjoram, all spice, cinnamon, lime juice, soy sauce, vinegar, some oil and jamaican dark rum (this is...
Good luck and make sure you post some pictures in the monthly challenge
Beef Ribs:   They were on special: about U$ 3.50 for 1.46 kg........   Rubbed with spices (home made mix)       Half way through...   And then I fell asleep. View from the kettle in the morning     And the view inside..... As expected they were a bit overdone (understatement)     Luckily, they were still edible, but dry, so cut of the meat and cooked it up with eggplant, tomato, yoghurt and extra chili. It turned out very tasty, but was...
@chefbuba: Did you first grill the ribs and then smoke them with the pelletsmoker? Or how did you do this? That's a coldsmoker isn't it?   I got the proQ cold smoker and I was looking at combining it with a hot plate for hot smoking/bbq, but if I can make it work with charcoal..... So much the better!
Wintertime here! But grilling will keep me warm (we got no central heating), so I am all for it
Congratulations! Well deserved
You don't really need any fancy equipment. I made sauerkraut in a plastic (foodgrade) bucket. The first part of the process requires air (oxygen) to get everything started, after that you want to exclude oxygen. You can do this with a waterlock or by closing the jar/bucket and releasing the carbon dioxide every so often. I use a plastic bag with brine solution to keep the cabbage down and to create a simple water lock. Good luck, homemade sauerkraut is nice,!
Roasted pepper soup: Just because I had never had it before   The roasted peppers from my earlier post, with vege stock from half a cube,  paprika powder, cumin, chili, and garlic. To make it a bit creamy, I put an egg in there just before taking it off the fire   And then the question is: How do you make a soup look good on a picture?   Anyway, this is my attempt:     Tasty, but next time I will use the roasted pepper for topping on my burger, or as a salad...
This is not yet a complete dish. I need to decide what to do with it and then it will be dinner tonight.   I lit the baby bbq last night, becuse I wanted a nice steak. Then I realised I still had some yellow peppers lying around, so....... I threw them in the embers               And now is decission time: Roasted pepper salad? Roasted pepper soup? Roasted pepper sauce?  
I confess... to using ready spice mixes for making Indonesian and Thai food.   I confess... to eating raw bacon, because it just taste so darn good