or Connect

Posts by butzy

Number 1 found its way into a big pot of black eyed peas. Then yesterday, I harvested 5 of them. Let's see how many I get today .........
I have Thai chili's soaked in whisky. We use it as a punishment drink for drinking games. I am a bit scared to do his with these peppers as they are quite a bit hotter than the Thai red ones!   Smoking and drying is definitely on the cards. Could I cold smoke them and then dry in either the sun or a low oven? I don't have a food hydrator. I suppose I have to check how low I can get my oven to go. @JAH42: Any advice? I could try and use my bbq, but I am not too good...
Thanks, I definitely will go for some smoked-dried ones. That sounds good! I already got some in vinegar. I made sambal (chili paste) and I will make some Jamaican jerk seasoning (and just freeze it)   I think I will make some sri racha sauce (with a difference) as well.     There are about 50 or 60 of those to come in the next 2 to 3 weeks! And I already got a lot of them in the freezer of the last flush.    
My chili plant has gone absolutely crazy this year. It's a Madam Janet pepper, also know as Surinam Yellow and resembles a scotch bonnet in shape, flavour and heat.   I got some in the freezer, made some into a pineapple chili sauce, dried some, used some for Jaimacan jerk marinade. I need more ideas!   I love hot food, but these things got a bite! I used about 5 for my Jaimacan Jerk marinade (for 1.5-2 kg chicken thighs) and it was tasty, but carried a punch (and...
I can't really help you that much, but I would suggest you have a look at the website of Andrea Ngyuen. I get a lot of my inspiration about Vietnamese food from there. http://www.vietworldkitchen.com/
I'm a bit like koukou's grandma as I do all my cooking on the stovetop. Gonna have to give the oven a try this month.....
Well done Matt. Did everybody like it?
What's the difference between a casserole and a stew? Just the heat source (oven vs hot plate)?
Congratulation @chefbuba
Make sure you show us some pictures of your dishes and good luck!