or Connect

Posts by butzy

Here's my first entry for this month's challenge. Just a simple pizza, but one where everything that could go wrong, went wrong ......   I got my ingredients together: Mushroom, tomato, capers, cheeses, basil and sauce (not in the picture. made of crushed tomatoes, dried chili, oregano and garlic)   So far so good.   It went wrong with the dough. It stuck to the board. Managed to sort that with extra flour. Put it on the peel and assembled the pie. Then it...
Welcome @Mr Masala, I quite like Madhur Jaffrey's indian recipes. Most of them are fairly easy to make and very tasty. I got a couple of her books, but just googled her name and lamb curry and had a couple of nice recipes coming up. Let us know if you like them
Congratulations @morning glory. A well deserved win!
For the yoghurt-cucumber combination, you can look at cucumber-raita. Grate the cucumber (I don't peel them), squeeze out the liquid and mix with yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, mint and cumin. Very refreshing.   Similar the this is Tzatziki (but Greek instead of Indian): You know mix the grated squeezed cucumber with yoghurt, garlic, some salt and dill and lemon juice.   As for the Thai cucumber side dish: here is a nice recipe (I don't like just posting links but this...
I use mainly French mustards and some German one (and I make my own whole grain mustard). I definitely think burgers need mustard So do sausages (except chorizo) and cold meats. And bitterballen..... They are just not the same without mustard.   I use mustard in coleslaw, salad dressings and mashed potatoes. Makes me realise I haven't done the mustard mash for a while.   I also like mixing mustard with some chili sauce or paste for an extra tang!
Ouch, you are right Calculation mistake..... It should have been 0.19 U$, which then makes the whole meal 4.50 U$. Anyway, I am far below the limit in price, so I'll just let it be
  A one-pot meal made out of 1 onion = 0.90 U$ 1 tomato = 0.15 U$ 1 green pepper = 0.50 U$ white beans (dried, had to buy 1 kg) = 1.50 U$ 2 or 3 garlic cloves (obviously had to buy the whole garlic head) = 0.65 U$ bacon (I used some home made bacon, but for pricing I used a 250 gr pack of streaky bacon) = 1.50 U$ 1 or 2 fresh chili's from my garden, which I promoted to stock item   The meal was enough for 2 to 3 people and came to 5.20 U$   (This time I...
I slice them thinly (lengthwise) and pickle them. Great with burgers and almost everything.....
That's funny, I made jerk chicken the day before yesterday and I was going to post it as well.
I am struggling more with the spectacular part than with the cost, so I decided on spectacularly simple:   Steak on the BBQ with blackened red bell pepper and BBQ potato:   Costing: 1 piece of steak 200 gram @ 72 kwacha/kg = 14.4 kwacha 1 red bell pepper (even though it was green when I bought it) @ 59 kwacha/kg = 10 kwacha 2 potatoes @ 20 kwacha/kg = 4 kwacha little bit olive oil, balsemic vinegar, pepper and salt   total of 28 kwacha, which is U$...