or Connect

Posts by butzy

Going back to alligators and crocs.......   An old pic  
Okay, it has been a very difficult decision! So many nice entries and a couple of new players as well   Remember, everyone is a winner! and I got some nice mince ideas out of this challenge.   Sticking out for me in this challenge were @Joyo's stuffed squid, @chefbuba's Cornish pasties and his burger, @ordo's stuffed pork flank & cottage pie, @Nate's fatty, @EverydayGourmet's N'duja, a dish I had never heard of before @Jarmo's biff lindstrom, @teamfat's raw...
Thanks all for participating. Some lovely entries! April fools day is almost over here and I will anounce the winner of this challenge shortly. I do find that the most difficult part of the challenge as it is soooo difgicult to choose.....
Some results of my sausage making experiment : Cutting up a whole lot of deboned pork shoulder   Meanwhile cooking some rice with off cuts of meat to run through the grinder first to get rid of any trace of oil or whatsoever, as it is a new grinder.   The grinder all set up and the tray, auger etc just out of the freezer. Then the fun began: Even that rice mixture made the machine cutting out. It is an American machine and we use 230 V (or to be more precise:...
@ordo: Yes! Cottage pie! I was waiting for something like that!   @GeneMachine They look great. Just make sure to show us the end result as well, even if that is too late for this challenge.
Just a couple more days left in this challenge, time enough for meatloaves, more meatballs, moussaka's, kebabs, some mince stir fries, steak tartare and whatever else van be made with mince. So, grab yourselves a drink for some inspiration and start cooking   @cheflayne: That's my kind of food and beautifully plated !!!   @ChrisBelgium: Balletjes in tomatensaus, what else can I say? They look tasty and I can see why kids will go crazy about it...
@GeneMachine: Those are definitely good looking. I am working on a batch of sausages as well. Going to make some Goan Chorizo (again, as I really like them) and since I will have enough mince, I will make another type as well.   @Koukouvagia: That looks like such and easy and tasty dish
I managed to get some kudu meat and turned it into a stew with red wine and mushrooms. Very tasty but not very photogenic....
I agree! That looks fabulous Chris
@OregonYeti and @teamfat: I figured that to be the case, but as it is clarifying the rules I decided to respond anyway   And here an other old entry (I got pork defrosting to be cut up and thrown through the grinder, so hopefully I can also post a recent dish in the next couple of days)   Mici (looks like cevapcici to me, but apparently there are some differences) Some of the ingredients: Missing is the mince, baking powder, and the soup was used instead of a...