or Connect

Posts by butzy

Chicken Rujak (Indonesian chicken dish) with rice and green peas
Had to be quick before someone else posts a cheese-tomato toasted sandwich. Not the best of pictures, but here we go anyway   Some home made sourdough   A bit of sri racha for some kick   tomato   fresh marjoram or oregano (I had both, one died and I don't know which one survived)   The cheeses (in plastic a piece of mature cheddar, the other is some imitation Gouda)   All assembled   And out of the oven It was tasty!
I agree with FF, for lemongrass, a pestle and mortar is the way to go. Whereas FF uses some sugar, I normally use a bit of coarse salt. Both of them have some abrasive action.   Back to anchovy paste: I never use it, I use tinned anchovies or whatever I can get. I wish I could get those salted anchovies and I would definitely use them in salads. Maybe more in a salad nicoise than a caesar though!
 Ah, but No, No No,Everything is better with Bacon  But that's not the challenge and I know I am the odd one out..I will still be participating though...
Everyone's favourite dairy item?   Me, I don't like cheese And definitely can't handle the stuff raw..... I can eat it melted though, so suppose it's gonna be pizza and toasted sandwich time this month
Lemongrass & curry chicken breast with fresh (still warm) sourdough and a garlic-coriander-yoghurt sauce
Well done @Koukouvagia That was an amazing dish.   I also really liked Mike's terrine and Teamfat's eggplant-cheese baskets.
Not sure if this counts as a summery dish, but then, some of us are actually in the winter (Southern hemisphere). It's starting to heat up though.   Cherry tomatoes, topped with nachos and mozzarella cheese (and a bit of fresh coriander)
I have been slacking a bit this month.....   I did some eggplant slices on the barbecue with olive oil and garlic but I forgot to take pictures.   The other thing I made was some eggplant concoction, consisting of egg plant, chickpeas, bacon and tomato in coconut milk, spiced with lime leaves, fish sauce, chili and basil. A real fusion sort of dish, but it tasted good (the photograph is not so good though, but hey, I tried)
I had planned to do Thai beef salad and larb (Thai minced pork salad) but I ran out of time Cheating a bit here and am just posting some old pictures here, just as inspiration for anyone else. 2 different presentations of larb (above) And a beef salad (below)