or Connect

Posts by butzy

Am i invited for dinner ? Sounds good! How about stir fried morning glory, or if you haven't then sub with spinach. Its quick and tasty, basically just stir fried with garlic and fish sauce. Alternatively I would think of a beef salad or so Bon appetit!
I think it would be best to limit to pictures of this month, asp with such an open topic as this. Having said that, if you have something totally unusual that takes long to prepare and you state this accordingly, it should be allowed as well, like for this challenge : a thousand year egg :-)
@ChrisBelgium : I  had planned on an uitsmijter for tomorrow ! Great minds think alike
@dcarch: I figure that's how you get kids to eat their carrots. Love it   I made a dish from all kind of stuff that needed finishing: Eggplant, a small piece of belly pork (off cuts from making bacon) a kassler chop and some chinese cabbage. I spiced it up with sweet soy, garlic, mango pickle, ginger powder, galangal powder, kencur powder and  chili's. It doesn't look good, but it was very tasty. I had it with rice and (left over)  ajam paniki  and rice  
I ended up making some butternut based soup. The other ingredients were carrots (the left over pieces from making carrot pickle) coconut milk, lots of ginger, celery (because I had it lying around), garlic, a little bit of soy, some bay leaves and left over cooked ham. Tasty !
Nasi goreng with fried egg and carrot pickle
@panini Sounds pretty good. Do you have some pictures?
Asian omelette with bacon, tomato, coriander, bean sprouts and fish sauce
I fully agree with Pete, but in this end of the world (southern africa) the time between starter and dinner is almost non-existent and people want it that way. They actually complain if they sit for even 2 or 3 minutes without food in front of them! To by-pass the problem, I order ny starter and only order main course when my starter arrives. Another peeve is when the waiter takes away a plate as soon as it is finished instead of waiting for everyone in the party to...
I found a recipe here: http://honest-food.net/2011/03/22/sichuan-bacon/ Looks pretty nice so am going to try it :-)