or Connect

Posts by lovetobake45

I also love blueberries and always have them in my freezer.I find them to be one of the best fruits to use frozen.I found a good recipe for blueberry loaf on www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com that could be used as muffins instead of a loaf.It uses oil but it is very moist and tasty.I also have a recipe I use butter in for muffins and you sprinkle sugar on the top for a little crunch effect,quite good.1/2 cup butter1-1/4 cup sugar2 eggs2 cups flour2 tsp.baking powder1/2...
I also am a huge banana bread fan.I never heard of this recipe but it sounds interesting.I found a recipe on a blog for banana bread with a twist and tried it and it was really good.I had never had banana bread with pineapple before it was different.Check it out on:www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
Thank you all for the great advice.I know what I have been doing wrong and I will follow your methods from now on.This is the best site for finding anything out.You people are great for sharing you knowledge!!  Thank you!!
How do you get the chicken stock to not look like dishwater? I have made chicken stock quite a few times and it tastes good but never looks good.Stock from turkey bones are the worse for me it looks really bad,makes good soup mind you but it never looks as good as stock or broth you see on the Food Network.I thought I was doing it correctly;start with cold water,add bones,celery,onions,carrots,salt,pepper,thyme,bay leaf,savory.Bring to a boil,and cook about 1-1/2 hours to...
Thank you siduri for that reply.I will try it again using parchment paper and so sorry for the earlier confusion.
I always think of corned beef and cabbage when I think of anything Irish.And of course Irish Soda Bread is go good.I found a really good recipe for this bread on www.havefunbaking.com and check out www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com. A lot of the recipes now for Soda Bread have been changed,once they hit the Americas, they are still good but not necessarily traditionally Irish.
First let me thank you all for your answers! I apologize for not being clearer in my problem.I am not trying to make a cake it is called a Caramel Pecan Nut Log.You are suppose to melt caramels and butter spread on a piece of wax paper and put a layer of nuts in the center and then roll up in a log.Well of course it did not work! So my question was would it have helped to grease the paper,ditch the wax paper and use parchment paper or look for another recipe because this...
I was trying to make a caramel log and the recipe said to use wax paper to roll it in a log. Well what a mess! All I got was wax paper stuck  all over my log, that looked more like a board then a log.Was there a way to prevent ,should it may have been greased.I will not try this again for awhile.Any suggestions?
These cookies are very tasty! So easy to make!1-1/2 tsp. vinegar1/2 cup milkStir together and set aside.1/2 cup margarine or butter3/4 cup sugar1 egg1 tsp. grated lemon zest1-3/4 cup flour1 tsp. baking powder1/4 tsp. baking soda1/4 tsp. saltCream margarine or butter with sugar until fluffy.Beat in egg and lemon zest.Sift dry ingredients;add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.Beat after each addition.Drop from a teaspoon 2 inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.Bake...
Thank you and I will certainly do both! Give you credit and add your site!