or Connect

Posts by chefbuba

You are a great father for putting up with boy band concerts, screaming little girls and fast food!
Your only 18, how much actual restaurant work experience do you have and at what capacity? What experience have you gained from these certificates of merit, college credit, etc?   What I'm reading from your post is that you are book smart but do not have the practical experience. Keep looking, you will find a chef that will take you in.   You may be better off applying for a prep position to get your foot in the door then show them what you got.
I hope that Ethan-Thomas gets an "A" on his test!
To the op, go talk to the health dept about your plans. There are cottage food laws which allow you to make low risk foods at home for public sale, but the list is very limited and the red tape is a nightmare, but catering from a home kitchen will not be allowed.
@Lagom Non targeted species in say a trawl net or by any other means. I live at the beach, there are several fisheries here, tuna, salmon, shrimp, crab, someone always has a bin full of bycatch of some sort that falls off the back of the boat when it comes in, always inexpensive.
Mmmmm.....Potato salad is the first thing that I think of as a side with enchiladas
Some red rose potatoes that I grew in a potato sack as an experiment, green beans and San Marzano tomatoes that are just starting to produce some fruit.
 Chris, dried cranberries are marketed as Craisins over here and are very popular.
Nicko, look at the date.....
Seems that I remember from your other numerous posts on what should I do, that you did not make it a year at RL, you took this seasonal job knowing that it was seasonal and now you want to jump ship to go be a sous chef at some place that you have never worked at? You don't have the experience.   In my mind #1, moving around every few months because you don't know what you want to do is bad for your career. No one will hire you if you jump from place to place. Why would...