or Connect

Posts by skatz85

actually im doing some pork shoulder as i write this. 1st time smoking and hoping it will be good. always wanted a smoker and finally got one. want to try some bacon next and my favorite smoked salmon.
  oh latkes i love those, i might have to make some of those tom when im at work. i havent made any fall dishes i did tell the sous to see if he can start ordering root vegis and other things. i have made braised cabbage with tomatoes, peppers, carrots, onions, some meat and potatoes.  
nothing really u can do but do the best u can. work smart and fast. when people are in the zone, menaing busy, tempers flare and people get mad. the way i see it is its one of those things u get used to when u are busy, after the day is done everyhting is out and start fresh. i know when i work and its busy people get mad and yell and cuss each other out but once the rush is done and its calm everyone just jokes about it and puts it behind them. critisism is one those...
 sounds tasty im gonna try to do it thursday when i work,thanks
ooo thanks those sound good i think im about to use the aurora tonigh
part of it is probably u burning the aromatics, dont burn carmalize.  when roasting the bones right before they are done brush with tom paste. dont forget the bay leaf, black pepercorns and parsley stems i think thyme too. also dont boil but simmer. it might take some time to pefect but as long as u put some love into it it will come out tasty.
i been trying to different things now that im n the line, i do dinner specials with fish and usually do a buerre blanc sauces and we use fume and vin blanc for other fish on the menu. what are some other sauce i can use to try to do something different. appreciate any advice, thanks
i havent really worked for many chefs yet but i wouldnt mnd the dicipline that some chefs instill in the cooks. i never though marco pierre white or ramsy were abusive(even when i 1st read about them) i just though that thier standards are high and they expect perfection. they have gone through it and and that made them into great cooks. i been yelled at when i was at school by some chefs because i made mistakes but i tell you what i will never make the same mistake...
i work in an italian restuarant some of the sauces we hold is our tomato(go through alot of it), bechemel for crepes, stocks (fish and veal)and pepercorn in a steam table. alfredo is not really hard to amke some butter and cream and reduce, that can be made ala minute in my opinion and we make it to order. parm is a must and maybe some pecorino. make it simple and delicious, that is key to italian food. pasta is the main event and other things are just condiments. oh...
^ that sounds good, i enjoy veal and actually love sweatbreads. had some veal liver last week when chefs family from italy was visiting. we do alot of things with veal at my job. one of my favorite would be the veal parm(even better with some fresh mozz), but a good loin grilled with some salt and pepp is just as good.