or Connect

Posts by chef1x

My advice for you Rit, is to loosen up a bit and not assume we are speaking of you. So sensitive, not a good chef trait :chef: I was actually only poking fun at our esteemed celeb chef. All apologies accepted. Any form of quality learning, whether school or non-school can be very...... educational?? We are always learning.... :cool:
I used to vote 3rd party, even 4th party and communist party here in Nyc. Then when Bush Inc. came along, I realized what a mistake it was. Yes, it is important to send a message to the polical XXXX's that you are dissatisfied with the system. However, that message will never even register with Republicans in power. They love you. It is equivilent to you being a preacher in the deep south banning gay marriage and integration. Vote in a relatively sane politician...
I think people (some, most?) are begining to realize the value of "quality," and are willing to pay for it. I have begun baking all bread products on premises, dry-aging beef, smoking, making ice cream etc., and it seems to have made an impact. Using local purveyors (similarly quality driven ones ) also seems to make a difference. I'm ready to throw out the mainline dry goods people as well. Wishfull thinking I know, but inevitible. Remember to use no false base.
Oh Jim, I'm only being ironic. I feel the same way.
Oh Kyle, You are so obvious. Your website is great! Keep up the great work!
And do not, under any circumstances, use any false base.
It is also important to consider the appititude of those allegedly giving you friendly advice. I highly reccommend taking some classes. It will open man y doors for you.
Good Luck!!!
In addition, I agree with KateW. You can't teach common sense (as is evidenced by capechefs multiple replies):) Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle
Please refer to this thread. http://www.cheftalkcafe.com/forums/s...ght=interviews For once, cape chef is right. I wish you luck.