or Connect

Posts by Missmeganmouse

Thank you, that is amazing advice.
Ive just completed a professional Culinary program in Vancouver BC. Ive known since high school that all I want to do when I grow up is make Delicious deserts however I went to culinary school any way because I felt like cooking offers more career opportunities in my particular area. I'm hopefully going to be enrolled in a Pastry Program this summer, however I cant help but wonder if I'm qualified to at least have a menial job in a bakery.    So my question is should...
  I’ve moved to Vancouver to pursue the dream Ive had since as long as I remeber, getting out of chilliwack and becoming something bigger. That “something better” has changed over the years. if you asked me 10 years ago I wanted to be an actress, five years ago I wanted to be a screen writer, three years ago it was an author but today and for the last three years I want to be a chef. I wont settle for a kitchen manager, I will NOT setter for a “Chef” I want to create...
    I'm working as a cook right now in my home town and I am about to move to the city. so Ive been looking for a job, I'm going to culinary/Pastry school this September and I'm hoping to work in pastry after its all over. Basically what I'm wondering is do bakeries hire newbies? Should I just wait till I'm done school next June? If I'm going to start a new job any way could I't I just am for the bottom of the bakery food chain or just stick with slightly above the...
 AHHHH I forgot "Lamb shankMOD ONLY Split order" Me "MANDY to the line please! I cant split it"Server "its for too older ladies I said we can split it, I know its against policy but.." Me "no no no I literally cant split it"Server "come on Why not?"Me "well for starters Its atached to a bone..."
Restaurant patrons "OK, so the guy at 61 wants his tenderloin rare but closer to medium and no blood" "so mid rare?" "I asked him that and he said NO, Rare but closer to medium and no blood" the FOH manager "this lady says that this lava cake is under cooked can you re make it?""Its supposed to be under cooked, that's the whole point" "grrr" on a chit "Burger MOD ONLY allergy to tomato's sub Relish with Ketchup" On a side note WHY do people lie about allergy's? If you dint...
 I feel your pain, My chef and sous Chef's are always contradicting each other. Ive gotten used to cooking the dishes slightly different based on who's working but as soon as they're both on line the jig is up. Its tough because I cant really tell the sous, "chef wants me to do it this way" because chef always tells me that "He's [sous chef] Is never wrong so just do it his way" but chef still wants me to do things his way... I think. I don't know but they're gotten in...
The hotel I work at just opened and this is my first hotel gig when I heard we did 111 covers, I thought that was crazy. I guess not, but they pulled off the buffet and the restaurant with three people in the kitchen I suppose that's impressive! Then dinner was busy, so much for catching up on M.E.P. Until I started working in hospitality I thought people stayed home on holidays. Don't even get me started on the Christmas buffet that was eaten almost entirely by one (very...
 Im in vancouver.. or I will be in three months. Im pretty much willing to go any where after I finish culinary school june 2011. I've wanted to do this forever!
 It does thank you so much