or Connect

Posts by chefedb

This is not the reason for freezing in this manner. By freezing on a metal plate with parchment makes the steak freeze faster and therefore deters the destruction and or  expansion of cells of the meat. The expansion is what causes the meat to throw out so much blood when defrosted. This is how I.Q.F  started for shrimp and individual pieces of product. The parchment simply stops the steak from sticking to the tray when frozen, . In a quality upscale steakhouse meat is...
I may be fired but you could be put out of business
I dredge in flour and corn starch then egg and water then seasoned  crumbs.
Do not use lemon xtract it is far different. The high alcohol content will hamper the sauce from thickening and will help it to break down faster. Grate the rind it is better
A spoonful of sour cream whipped into the mix does the same thing without chemicals
Tell them you will speak to someone at Dept. Of Labor and Dept. of Internal Revenue
Cobb correctly done
I taught in a culinary school and quit because all they were interested in was showing a profit. 3 days spent on potato preparation only because potatoes were cheap to purchase. Get a job in a fairly good restaurant , you will learn how its really done and will get paid to learn.
The next step after becoming the manager is OUT THE DOOR.
I would like to see Flay or any of his cohorts  run a place that does 10 Bar Mitsvahs , 6 weddings every Saturday and on Sunday  10 more . Then Banquets mid week of a total of about 4000 guest every week September through June. Only one who could do it would be Chef Robert Irvine, he may not be the fanciest but he can sure pump it out.   ( I would have loved to work with him) Chef Ed