or Connect

Posts by chefedb

The thing today is roasted vegetables, any kind with a touch of balsamic.      Try roasting them and rolling cheeses in them., Or put them in filo dough and make strudel style then cut and garnish
Being in the business for 50 years I have to go with 4 brands of equipment South Bend, Viking, and Bloggett ,Vulcan these brands were the iron horses of the kitchen..  Wolf was the biggest hunk of junk I ever used pretty much tied with the ovens from Japan. The wolf broiler burned out and had little BTU recoup power . Wolf commercial was made by a different company that made the ones for the house but they to are the worst ,the pilots go every 6 months or so. Get them wet...
On  a dull knife the cutting edge is rounded so therefore does not hold the surface and tends to slide both inward and outward, therefore the easier to cut yourself.
Have you tried  Fantasy Land at Disney in Orlando or Anaheim.???????
They give you a title to boost your ego and its better then giving you a higher salary.!!!!!
I have made 2 kinds  Jewish Beet Borscht  and Russian style made with duck carcasses and vegs.  Both were good ,although Russian style much more hearty.
Assorted herbs and spices should be used, to achieve different degrees of flavor.
This is not the reason for freezing in this manner. By freezing on a metal plate with parchment makes the steak freeze faster and therefore deters the destruction and or  expansion of cells of the meat. The expansion is what causes the meat to throw out so much blood when defrosted. This is how I.Q.F  started for shrimp and individual pieces of product. The parchment simply stops the steak from sticking to the tray when frozen, . In a quality upscale steakhouse meat is...
I may be fired but you could be put out of business
I dredge in flour and corn starch then egg and water then seasoned  crumbs.