or Connect

Posts by chefedb

If you need a hand with quantities just ask. I was in catering business in Palm Beach and NY.
Try a cupcake pan with parchment liners, it works placed in water bath.  .N O  AGAR OR GEL?  What school do you go to, so I can tell people not to go there.
Many deli counters and supermarkets sell tuna salad already made. I'll clue you in that it is stretched with cracker meal. They save the juice from the can add cracker meal to it then spices, celery, mayo let it sit overnight to blend in. then sell it  In actuality out of one can of tuna they make two. If done correctly you can't tell .
TIP '' If using canned clams put the clam juice in first add the clams last as they are already cooked and more cooking makes them tough like rubber-bands''
All of their bases are very good. They are the closest to institutional bases. Most Publix sell them and some Walmart's also have them. Their Lobster and clam are A1 in my book. They sell in Publix for $4.49 available on line but at much more $ plus shipping.
I learn something new everyday  . Wrap a head of celery in aluminum foil.It will stay crisp and last in a 40' refrige for 2 weeks or more.
I take paper towels put them on board then sprinkle bleach on them and leave overnight. In morning spotless, no stains.   Fool proof way to kill all bacteria. Then rinse
Garnished with Black Caviar I hope.??
If they were water or wet packed they are treated with a preservative. Dry are not. Cook 1 and taste it . If  the fridge was real cold they should be alright.