or Connect

Posts by chefedb

Some will care and some wont. If you want them all to care  tie in raises and bonuses in with cost, and tell them that.
I worked with Chinese chefs. They buy the cheapest short grain rice they can and even broken rice if available. They are extremely thrifty.
The more gadgets on your oven, the more things that can go wrong, same thing as Micro waves. If I were you I would by a minimum size stove of 30 inches 2 shelf. this way you can do 2 or 3 things at once.
Pepper Grind    Here is some constructive thoughts. 1.   There is to much food on the plate.                 2. food goes to far up and over  to edge of plate,       3. Pepper garni is to large for the plate,                          4 if you do use a large pepper fill it with parsley or watercress guest should not see the veins of the pepper     . But keep on experimenting
You thawed it the right way, and based on your photo cooked it the correct way. ENJOY IT NOW
How it looks does not matter. How does it taste is what counts
Labor and overhead have nothing to do with food cost. Why? Because they are not food.
Pete!  I have been in this same situation many times throughout my life. I know the feeling. I put the word out that I was looking around and about 1 month after the feelers went out I landed a better position. What I did do was write th president of the company telling hi why I was leaving. I told him that I refused to lower my standards after being in this business so long.
Cut it into pie shape portions cover with damp towel on sprayed sheet pan hold at 200degrees after getting it hot get a spray bottle of water to mist the towels if they should become dry.
What's the purpose? I can carry 4 on my arm and hand now?