or Connect

Posts by Zane

New to making sauces, anyone have a good recipe?
So I guess if I get this prep cook job under a Michelin star chef it's a good start. I guess what I'm really asking is, how tough is it to accomplish?
we started growing our own a few years ago, but even now its still not always enough. I've noticed the shortage also, but having a garden does help.
I didn't know where to post this, as I'm a former student about to get a job as a Prep Cook. So this doesn't belong in the professional section since I'm not a pro and it's not a student question.   I'm 28 years old, have some experience in the kitchen. Went to culinary school but dropped out because I needed full time work and all my kitchen jobs were stages. I now am in online college getting a B.A. in business and I've found some postings for new upscale restaurants...
Don't see an edit button, so I'm sorry for the double response. I'm researching the resturant and found out the head Chef has two michelin stars. So not only do I not know how to dress, I'm nervous now. Any advice? 
So I have an interview for a place as a prep cook. I scored it by being honest and telling them I have a passion but have not cooked in a kitchen much. Question is, how do I dress? Do I wear my chef jacket to the interview or business casual (slacks, dress shirt, tie, dress shoes)?
Hello, Been a few years since I posted. I did a year in culinary school but had to drop out because I needed full time work to pay bills. At the time I dropped out I was working a stage for a few weeks at a local french restaurant. This was maybe 4 years ago. I'm now a little older but for the past few years have been doing work outside of culinary. I now find myself laid off and looking for a new job.   I want to get into a kitchen. I've noticed during my time off my...
Our school uses http://www.chefworks.com/
Got a new chef coat yesterday, and this morning I'm making sure my knifes are cleaned and honed. I'll  let you guys know how it goes.
Im in no position to argue, im just going to do what they tell and show me to do. Hopefully it makes me come across as bright and a hard worker.