or Connect

Posts by sweetchefny

Thank you, Cheflayne, for your response.  That is a really great idea!  
Thank you, Cheflayne, for your question.  We are just looking to make & serve these flavored "seltzers" to order.
Thank you so much, Cerise, for your prompt reply. I remember those NYC egg creams very fondly! I like the idea of the infused "spa" waters, but would like to add the extra "fizz" effect to them. I've seen equipment in all price ranges - but we are trying to keep it as simple and cost effective as possible. Thank you again for your suggestion and for taking the time to respond!
Hello-   Anyone creating signature non-alcoholic sparking water/seltzer beverages that would be willing to share with me what type of equipment you are using?     Our small bakery-cafe is looking to develop some house-made fruity type sparking beverages (like you would make at home using a Soda Stream) as an alternative to offering bottled sodas and waters and would welcome any advice you could provide.   Thank you very much.
Thank you so much chefpeon for your prompt response!
Hi all -   It has been quite some time since I had to make Brioche.  The recipe I have uses instant yeast and is mixed and refrigerated overnight.   I seem to recall that the butter needs to be kept cold but be pliable.  My question is about the milk and eggs used - are these also to be kept COLD or do I bring them to room temperature before incorporating?     Thank you in advance for any help (and Tips!) you could provide!
Thank you Fablesable for your prompt reply! The ones at bakedeco.com are just what we are looking for. I knew they carried those type of containers, but was not aware that they also have lids for them. Thank you for pointing me back to this site !
Hello -   We are looking to do some layered desserts in our bakery.  Does anyone know of a source for inexpensive, small mason jars?   Thank you for any help you could provide.
My research into trying to find a basic POS system for my upcoming, small, bakery-cafe has left me confused and frustrated.  My experience is mostly BOH in bakeries, so my knowledge of these systems is minimal and I'm not even sure what the right questions are to ask.  As a result, everyone is trying to sell me the "kitchen sink".  My menu includes bakery, as well as some savory items (soups, salads, chilis).  Is there anyone out there running a similar operation that...
Hi ChefBillyB -  These are great too!  Thanks.