or Connect

Posts by Highlander01

Chef Ross .... How long did it take before the tree actually started to produce avocado's? ...... I'm guessing several years
For bread have you checked out "The Bread Bakers Apprentice" by Peter Rienhart?
Hey now don't knock the fried bologna sandwich .... I think its better when slightly burnt
No sorry I don't ... I will try to remember to take a few pics the next time I make some ... one thing that Lebowitz does that I haven't been doing is beat the egg/sugar mixture until it doubles in volume ... I will try that the next time.
I haven't been able to figure out what causes it but basically whenever I make these for no rhyme or reason that I can tell they will "poof" up in the center ... I have no idea what the technical term is but I butter my pans put them in the fridge to cool mix up my batter and park it in the fridge for about half an hour, give it a quick stir and spoon it into the molds and bake at 425 for around 15 minutes or until they have the color I want.   Recipe might be...
It's a conspiracy ..... but given the story that was posted it makes since ... kinda like how its so hard to find meyer lemons in the grocery store
I have already been to Pappy's Smokehouse a couple of times so far
Put out live traps and then when caught ... eat  ;-)
Agreed the only way I know of to make a lighter loaf is to mix it with bread or AP flour which is what I do for a honey wheat loaf, I just haven't figured out how to really bring out the honey flavor without having to add a ton of honey
Not sure what I will be growing just yet ..... we had a bad cold snap here and it killed both of my potted rosemary bushes and my fig tree so I'm a bit bummed about that ... probably the usual for me, tomatoes, eggplant, bell pepper and a few other odds and ends.